SonderMind is a VC-backed digital health company redesigning behavioral health through covered and timely access, increased utilization, and data-validated quality outcomes. We are a team of Explorers, Builders, and Change Makers democratizing the complicated world of behavioral healthcare for therapists and clients alike.
How you'll make an impact
SonderMind is looking to hire a business-minded Data Analyst to support our growth and expansion. This role will be a key point of contact for business intelligence, data aggregation, and analytics activities. You will help our business partners leverage data, uncovering new areas of opportunity that propel the business forward. The ideal candidate will work across key verticals (including partnerships, direct-to-consumer growth, provider network, clinical outcomes, and operations), to identify and define new metrics as well as to use various data sources to unlock company growth. You will be joining a Data Analytics team that is driven, passionate, and collaborative. Our ideal candidate should have exceptional attention to detail, work ethic, and critical thinking skills (e.g., looking beyond the immediate request at hand to see the downstream business needs).
Success looks like
- End of month 1: Within one month, have a clear understanding of the metrics that drive our business, including, for example, understanding conversion, spend efficiency, and clinical outcomes (for provider/clinical verticals); or understanding new client growth, conversion, and marketing metrics (for operations/client verticals).
- End of month 2: Deep dive into one or two key areas of our business (e.g., provider network, clinical outcomes, client acquisition, etc.). Analyze and share key insights/recommendations, with an emphasis on actionability and improving business performance, and have an understanding of how the various areas of the business interact with each other.
- End of month 3: In partnership with others in the analytics team, propose and implement a project that enhances data visibility or improves operational efficiency for key business stakeholders
What you'll bring with you
- Business insights: Demonstrates an understanding of the business model, market dynamics and revenue levers, to inform and anticipate future strategies, changes and trends.
- Strong Presenter: Presents information comfortably, compellingly and articulately with an instinctive, intelligent command of the audience, data and medium.
- Learning Agility: Shows a strong willingness to learn and adjust to new people and environments. Actively works to understand strengths, identify opportunities to develop, embrace new ways of thinking and apply new information
- Drive for results: Bias for action, high intrinsic motivation, thrives under pressure, maximizes opportunities and makes bold decisions at the right times
- Solution Oriented: Sees problems as opportunities. Understands, captures and enhances stakeholder vision. Adjusts the solution to suit the problem and stakeholder
- Resilience & Adaptability: Effective with limited information or direction; comfortable with risk and uncertainty; self-directed and proactive.
- 2-4 years of experience in data analytics or management consulting with deep analytics work
- Previous startup experience. Healthcare/digital healthcare experience is a plus.
- Technical proficiency in statistical analytics/data visualization/business insight tools (e.g., Looker, Tableau, Alteryx, SQL). Python, R, Data Science experience is a plus.
What we value
- Transparency: We say what we mean and mean what we say
- Bucketworthiness: We can be relied upon to not let our bucket leak
- Ownership: We take initiative to act before being asked
- Courage: We move fast, take calculated risks and (sometimes) fail
- Empathy: We treat others with respect and assume their best intentions
- Passion: We loosely hold strong opinions, debate and then commit forcefully
The anticipated salary range for this role is $70,000- $90,000. This role is eligible to participate in our equity incentive plan. Actual compensation is commensurate with qualifications and experience.
As a leader in redesigning behavioral health, we are walking the walk with our employee benefits. We want the experience of working at SonderMind to accelerate people’s careers and enrich their lives, so we focus on meeting SonderMinders wherever they are and supporting them in all facets of their life and work.
Our benefits include:
- A commitment to fostering flexible hybrid work
- A flexible PTO policy with a minimum of three weeks off
- Therapy coverage benefits to ensure our employees have access to the care they need
- Competitive Medical, Dental, and Vision coverage with plans to meet every need, including HSA and FSA options
- Eight (8) paid company holidays and a company shut-down during the last week of the year
- Employer-paid disability & AD&D to cover life's unexpected events. Not only that, we also cover the difference in salary for up to eight (8) weeks of short-term disability leave
- Eight weeks of paid Parental Leave (if the parent also qualifies for STD, this benefit is in addition)
- 401K retirement plan with 100% matching on up to 4% of base salary
Mental wellness impacts people of every community. At SonderMind, building and supporting a diverse workforce is foundational to our goal to redesign behavioral healthcare to be more approachable and accessible. SonderMind is a committed equal opportunity employer and provides a workplace that will not tolerate discrimination or harassment on the basis of race, religion, national origin, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, marital, veteran, or disability status.