SonderMind is seeking a Director of Clinical Quality and Evaluation to support our growing provider network. In this role, you will develop and execute SonderMind’s quality and evaluation strategies in order to continuously improve clinical initiatives and promote SonderMind’s value through data, best practices, and innovation. This role reports directly to the Chief Medical Officer. You will join a growing clinical team that is dedicated to ensuring our clients are receiving quality care through evidence-based practice.
Our Ideal Candidate
As our ideal candidate you are highly analytical with academic research and publications experience. You also have experience with direct clinical care in behavioral health. You are a clear communicator and are able to simplify complex information. You thrive in fast-paced environments where you can inspire, influence, and motivate others.
- Cross Functional Leadership: Work with internal teams to evaluate, improve, and report on initiative that align with Clinical Pillars for Success, and lead the clinical data strategy and research design
- Quality Improvement: Co-lead SonderMind Quality Improvement Committee, and ensure our Provider Network is of highest quality and using best practices through appropriate provider monitoring and education.
- Strategic thinking: Identify and evaluate innovation strategies, initiatives, and external partnerships. Determine priority initiatives to further access, quality, and engagement metrics.
- Publications: Lead efforts to publish key findings in peer-reviewed publications
- Within one month, work with Provider Success, Clinical and Analytics team to identify data gaps and devise a data strategy. Work with CMO, Clinical Analyst, and Clinical team to begin research design and development.
- Within two months, in conjunction with the Clinical team complete an evaluation strategy for the primary clinical initiatives.
- Within three months, collaborate with the CMO, Clinical team and Clinical Analyst to create clinical dashboards delving into quality, access and new engagement metrics
- Within six months, submit and obtain approval for at least one paper to a peer-reviewed journal for publication
- By 2022, establish SonderMind as a nationally recognized research partner informing the field on best practices and innovation across a clinically and geographically diverse provider network
- PHD, PsyD, or equivalent degree
- Experience with clinical quality and evaluation in the last 5 years
- Systems work including provider networks and quality improvement efforts in the last 5 years
- Academic background with first author publications and experience with grant writing
- Direct clinical care experience in the last 10 years
- Ability to work under pressure, plan personal workload effectively and influence others
- Ability to inspire confidence and create trust
Nice to Have
- Previous clinical leadership experience in a start-up or high growth environment
- Private practice experience
- This is a full-time, exempt position
- Salary range starting at $120,000
- This role will be eligible to participate in the following:
- full employee benefits package
- employee stock option purchase plan
- variable performance-based bonus incentives
To apply for this role, please submit your resume and cover letter. In your cover letter, please share how this aligns with your previous experience and career goals.
Commitment to an Inclusive Workplace
Mental wellness impacts people of every community. At SonderMind, building and supporting a diverse workforce is foundational to our goal to redesign behavioral healthcare to be more approachable and accessible. SonderMind is a committed equal opportunity employer and provides a workplace that will not tolerate discrimination or harassment.
Our employees may be exposed to sensitive personal information throughout their regular duties. For this reason, we maintain exceptionally high expectations of ethical conduct and require all incoming employees to pass a background check.
Our Employee Benefits Philosophy
As a leader in redesigning behavioral health we are walking the walk with our employee benefits package. We focus on meeting SonderMinders wherever they are and supporting them in all facets of their life with both mental and physical aspects in mind. Where most companies say "good enough" we ask ourselves "how can we do better." That includes:
- Therapy coverage benefits to enable our employees to get the care they need
- Employer-paid disability & AD&D to cover life's unexpected - not only that, we cover the difference in salary for up to Eight weeks of short-term disability leave
- Eight weeks of paid parental leave (if the parent also qualifies for STD, this benefit is in addition)
- A generous PTO policy and a company mandate of at MINIMUM three-weeks of PTO a year; flexible work-from-home policy
- A great downtown location and stocked with unlimited drinks and snacks (NOTE: company is fully remote during COVID pandemic)
- A commitment to reward our team members for the long-term success and growth of SonderMind with stock option grants and bonus potential
- Competitive market salary, up-to 4% salary company match on 401K, professional development and advancement opportunities as we rapidly scale, and so much more.