Solid Power is seeking a Vice President of Cell Development to join our talented team working to revolutionize the battery industry through the development of next generation, all solid-state rechargeable batteries. This position will be responsible for the transition of Solid Power’s current solid state cell technology to mass production in order to support our customer requirements. This newly created position will be tasked with hiring, developing, and leading the cell development team, cell validation and product life modeling (PLM) teams, and cell testing team. As part of the technology transition, the Vice President will be required to work closely with the Powder Production, Engineering, Program Management, and R&D teams to ensure compliance with cell performance specifications and qualification timeline as outlined in the company’s business objectives. This is a strategic position within Solid Power that is essential in making our product development, qualification, and industrialization roadmaps a success. The Vice President will report directly to the COO.
- Deliver solid state cell designs based on internally developed technology that meet current customer requirements and timelines.
- Coordinate appropriate all solid cell builds on Solid Power’s current roll-to-roll cell pilot production line following appropriate APQP stage-gate requirements.
- Continue building and leading the cell development, cell validation, product life model, and cell testing teams to ensure successful execution of Solid Power’s automotive validation activities.
- Manage current and future customer cell development programs through requirements compliance and qualification execution.
- Focus on DFM efforts to ensure the smooth transition of Solid Power’s proven cell designs to strategic Tier 1 cell manufacturers for mass production.
- Ensure complete, accurate, and timely documentation associated with the cell design and manufacturing processes such as PHAs, PFDs, CPs, and WIs in collaboration with Solid Power’s Quality and Engineering departments.
- Oversee all validation activities in accordance with APQP guidelines.
- Regularly interact across functional areas with senior management to ensure cell development activities meet both internal and external customer expectations.
- Interface with Program Management to ensure the multifunctional teams needed to execute on cell design on qualification activities are in place and appropriately resourced.
- Bachelor’s Degree (or higher preferred) in chemical engineering, mechanical engineering, or a related engineering or science discipline plus >10 years of experience leading successful cell design transfer and transfer to mass production for automotive applications.
- Proven track record of leading cell development activities from inspection to product launch in multiple cell form factors.
- Firm commitment and understanding of the APQP process.
- Strong commitment to safety.
- Approaches key decisions using a data driven approach.
- Proven ability to lead data driven decision making and establishing credibility with others at all levels of an organization.
- Demonstrated leadership and people management skills.
- Strong communication skills, analytical skills, experience with DOE execution, and a commitment to DFM principles
- Team builder that thrives in a fast-paced start-up environment.
- U.S. citizenship or Permanent Residency required.
Salary Range: $165,000 - $255,000/year
Benefits: Solid Power offers a comprehensive benefit package that includes medical/dental/vision insurance, employer paid Life/AD&D/STD/LTD insurance, 401k with company match, paid holidays, PTO, cell phone reimbursement and participation in our equity plan.