Solana is a high performant blockchain that can enable growing decentralized applications and systems to scale without sacrificing security. Our team is highly specialized and talented, so we’re looking for people who are willing to jump right in and use their expertise to help us find product market fit as we build out the Solana ecosystem. We have a fast paced, problem solving environment in the center of blockchain infrastructure, cryptocurrency and decentralized applications.
The Solana chain has a high parallel virtual machine for executing smart contracts, which is not based on EVM. We are in the process of building Solidity support, based on entirely new tooling. For this, we need new tools for smart contracts, integration with Foundry or Truffle, and a prototyping environment like Remix.
Will you help make Solidity on Solana a reality? For this role your job would be around the following:
- Develop an SDK for Solidity on Solana: Not only do we need more tools around Solidity for debugging, calling, testing and deploying contracts, but also a library that interacts with them on the blockchain. This is an essential part of incentivizing the major adoption of Solidity on Solana’s blockchain.
- Be very communicative: All our code is open source, so we regularly have questions on Discord about how to use our libraries and systems. Our team must be always available to help developers.
- Understand deeply Solana’s blockchain: Solana’s systems are like no other blockchain. Its virtual machine and consensus algorithms are unique. Our team is looking forward to developing tools to help developers migrate from other blockchains and to write straightforward guides to port contracts to Solana.
- Own entire features from specification to shipping
- Ability to work cross-functionally to produce quality code and product
- 3+ years of experience in one or more of the following areas: computer systems software and design, infrastructure software, git version control and development tools
- Experience building open source software
- Ability to read and understand Rust or similar languages, like C or C++, to navigate Solana’s source code.
- Experience with Solidity / EVM tooling in JS or Rust so you know what the landscape and DX is like.
- Good documentation skills and availability to deal with developers’ questions on Discord
- Experience writing core infrastructure software and designing secure protocols.
- Experience in Bitcoin, cryptography, or financial software a major plus but not necessary
- Bitcoin/Ethereum/Blockchain related open sources projects is a major bonus as well
- Bachelor of Science degree in Computer Science or Computer Engineering or equivalent work experience