IT Category Manager
Location: Remote (US or UK)
We’re looking for a Category Manager to join our new Procurement team to design and drive Snyk’s IT category strategy.
Reporting to the Head of Procurement, you have a global role with a real chance to make your mark as we build and mature this organization while aligning to our mission of making buying a ridiculously easy and pleasant experience.
You have In depth understanding of IT procurement spend and category management with extensive experience in both tactical and strategic Procurement with natural people and relationship building skills which you will use to both deliver and showcase the value of Procurement.
You are at home both negotiating complex contracts as you are analyzing spend and collaborating with stakeholders to build out a sourcing strategy. You will use this knowledge, with your customer centric attitude, to help make our Procurement organization best in class that will support Snyk’s rapid growth.
You’ll spend your time:
- Partnering with the IT organization to establish and maintain relationships with key stakeholders, business counterparts, suppliers and decision-makers
- Managing complex supplier relationships and contracts
- leading RFx’s and supplier contracts negotiations through preparation and focusing on business, procurement, and financial risks (i.e. cost, market, industry risks), Supplier Intelligence, and Contract Cost/Price Modeling. Ensuring ROI is realized.
- Analyzing IT 3rd party spend and developing a roadmap for spend management transformation including rationalization and preferred supplier lists
- Developing, managing and maturing the IT renewal pipeline and supplier management program
- Proactively engaging in strategic business planning so that supplier selection and procurement strategies are articulated early enough to be incorporated into the final plan
- Support all areas of Snyk’s business with software and system needs including collaboration with other Procurement Category Managers.
- Work closely with IT and Finance to ensure business and geographic requirements are properly translated and reflected in supplier contracts, securing high ROI aligned with both, short and long-term strategies.
- Collaborating with the rest of the Procurement team in defining policies and procedures, and making recommendations for operational best practices
You should apply if you:
- Are a master of category management techniques with the drive in collaborating and setting strategic category plans
- Have great experience and amazing & creative skills in negotiating and getting the right deal
- Have domain knowledge of IT with strong understanding of related spend
- Can draft and run RFP’s in a streamlined and nimble manner with ability to complete supplier and industry research and provide recommendations based on findings
- Are a strategic thinker with a tactical attitude and ability to adapt in a fast-paced environment while managing competing priorities and multiple tasks.
- Can demonstrate procurement market awareness with the ability to complete supplier and industry research and provide recommendations based on findings
- Can naturally articulate, to all levels of the organization, the true value that Procurement brings
- The ability of strategic thinking and leadership experience with an emphasis on relationship management and communication at all levels within an organization
- Care about your customer and enjoy building relationships and communicating across the company.
We’d especially love to hear from you if you:
- Have a legal background
- Experience in implementation of a Procure to Pay platform
Please apply below! We care deeply about the warm, inclusive environment we’ve created and we value diversity - we welcome applications from those typically underrepresented in tech. If you like the sound of this role, but are not totally sure whether you’re the right person, do apply anyway :)
We’re on a mission to make the world a safer place with more secure software.
We’re living in a world of digital transformation. Cyber security is taking centre stage for many companies, and the demand for Snyk’s product is sky-rocketing!
Snyk has been adopted by over 2.2M developers who use Snyk to find and fix vulnerabilities in their open source libraries and container images, empowering them to develop secure software, faster.
In March of 2021, we raised $300M in Series E funding, bringing our company valuation to $4.7 billion, only 6 months after securing an additional $200M in Series D funding in September 2020, and successfully closing three strategic acquisitions with DeepCode, Manifold & FossID. On top of that, we have doubled the size of our global team, and we’re not stopping there!
We believe open source software is a force for good, and we’re building Snyk to make it easier for developers who aren’t security experts to stay secure. Join us!