We’re looking for a senior technical writer to join our Design team to lead and own all our user-facing documentation.
In this role, you will aim to elevate our technical content, its organization and the processes to a world-class standard, and collaborate closely with our Product, Engineering, and Customer Success teams as we go to market with new features and capabilities.
You will be skilled in crafting clear and concise copy, being the filter between our internal jargon and being empathetic to our wide range of users and those who do not have English as their first language. At Snyk you will be guiding readers through tasks such as setting up integrations, how to use our CLI and API, and how our product handles different programming languages and package managers.
You’ll spend your time:
- handling the full process of planning and writing documentation and video scripts, right through to publishing it on our site
- meeting regularly with our customer success team to highlight areas where our users are struggling
- identifying where improvements to our documentation will add the most value, and working to achieve this
- establishing a workable, repeatable process to allow for easy periodical review of our documentation
- reviewing our product and giving input on where we can give better instructions that would avoid the need for separate documentation
- owning and updating our style guide to ensure our language, terminology and tone of voice is consistent throughout our product
You should apply if you:
- have experience of writing documentation for technical products for developer tooling
- have managed the user experience of a large documentation site and can clearly show the role you played in making it great
- can write in a way that is easy for developers with a range of abilities to understand
- have experience in creating compelling user videos, enablement kits and training programs
- have excellent written and verbal communication skills in English
- are interested in security, dev tooling, and open source
We’d especially love to hear from you if you:
- have experience writing in American English
- are proactive and collaborative in the way you work
Please apply below! We care deeply about the warm, inclusive environment we’ve created and we value diversity - we welcome applications from those typically underrepresented in tech. If you like the sound of this role, but are not totally sure whether you’re the right person, do apply anyway :)
Snyk’s mission is to help developers use open source code and stay secure.
The use of open source is booming, but security is a key concern. Snyk’s unique product enables developers and enterprise security teams to continuously find & fix vulnerable dependencies without slowing down, offering seamless integration into Dev, DevOps and DevSecOps workflows. We care deeply about the quality and usefulness of the tools we develop, always focusing on our customers and users.
We are distributed across four offices in London, Tel Aviv, Boston and Ottawa, with our engineering teams based mostly in London and Tel Aviv, and 10% of the company working fully-remote. We’ve made an organizational commitment to building a strong, effective, distributed company: we have teams across multiple offices, and we invest in communication so that we can benefit from each others’ perspectives. Not to mention that we have an always-on webcam so we can see what’s happening in each office, we make heavy use of video calls, Slack, and some inter-office travel.
At Snyk, we are experiencing rapid growth and we want you to join us! By the end of Q4 2019 alone, Snyk had already over 110,000 registered users, including multiple enterprise customers (such as Google, Salesforce, Mastercard, BBC, and others). We also raised an additional $150 million, announced January 21, 2020. With this investment, we have partnered with Stripe, along with Coatue, Tiger Global, BoldStart, Trend Forward, Amity and Salesforce Ventures, to build on our 2019 momentum and continue to fuel our developer-first approach to security.
We believe open source software is a force for good, and we’re building Snyk to make it easier for developers who aren’t security experts to stay secure.