Web Engineering Technical Lead
Snagajob is looking for an exceptionally talented and passionate full-stack tech lead to help us build the platform that powers the largest job marketplace for hourly workers. This role has tremendous growth potential as well as an opportunity to manage other engineers. With more than 47 million active hourly workers and 450,000 employer locations nationwide, we are reinventing the way employers and workers connect. You will be working closely with product and design teams to transform the worker’s job search experience. As a member of the Snagajob Engineering team, you'll be working in an Agile development environment with a team that prides itself on innovation, is focused on product development, and doesn’t shy away from solving difficult business problems.
We’re looking for someone who enjoys being a key contributor in an entrepreneurial environment. You’ll work alongside – not for – UX designers, product managers, and other engineering team members. This isn’t a task-receiving role; we want your hands, brain, and heart-making solutions and will shape the platform’s future.
Our tech stack is modern and always evolving. Currently, we utilize .NET Core, Angular 10, Angular Material, TypeScript, RxJS, NGRX, Sass, Docker, NodeJS, NGINX, CircleCI, AWS, E2E testing with Protractor and Cypress, Unit Testing with Karma and Jasmine, and other technologies. You might not have experience in every area but if you have the drive to learn and grow, we encourage you to apply.
This role may be based remotely or in our Arlington or Richmond, VA, or Charleston, SC offices.
What Snagajob Can Promise You
When you join the Snagajob Engineering team, you’ll be working on a high-volume, high-traffic site that gets over 50 million visits a month! But that’s just the start of it. You get to contribute more than just code; we get together every two weeks to present ideas, so you’ll influence what we build and how we build it. Expand your skills with our weekly tech talks and book clubs. Learn about, and experiment with, new technologies/ideas in our monthly hack days and chapter meetings. Engineering at Snagajob isn’t just about keeping the lights on and the site running. It’s a place for you to learn and grow in a supportive team environment.
What You’ll Get to Do
- The Worker Team is responsible for the worker persona within snagajob.com which is broken up into four teams. In this role you would get to manage and lead one of those teams.
- Mentor fellow engineers
- Participate in product discovery, architectural design, and rapid iteration of features
- Collaborate across teams to identify and develop best-practices, design patterns and reusable code
- Actively participate in code reviews and provide constructive feedback to safeguard product quality
- Work closely with Product to validate solutions feasibility
- Craft solutions that satisfy the near term objectives while enabling future growth and scalability
What You’ll Bring
- Experience developing large scale and multi-tiered web applications in Angular
- Experience with REST APIs (.NET/C#)
- 1-2 years people management experience preferred
- Experience with some of the following technologies/tools: AWS, Node, TypeScript, Angular Material, RxJS, NGRX, Sass, Docker, Node, NGINX, CircleCI
- A desire to never stop learning, a deep passion about technology, and a collaborative mindset to work with others to ensure end-to-end design and delivery
- A strong work ethic, exceptional problem-solving skills, and an interest in tackling diverse technical challenges. Design and develop quality code that follows best practices and adheres to Snagajob standards
- Openness to collaboration through formal and informal code and PR review processes
- Experience working in an Agile environment following Scrum or Kanban methodologies
- The ability to live by Snagajob’s core values - solidarity, candor, unconvention, fire - by being an ally, speaking hard truths, questioning the status quo, and always doing whatever it takes to meet our mission of putting people in the right fit positions so they can maximize their potential and live more fulfilling lives
At Snagajob, we celebrate our differences in an inclusive workplace designed to support the things that make us individuals. Snagajob is proud to be an equal opportunity employer and we strongly encourage candidates from all different backgrounds and identities to apply. Each new hire gives us the opportunity to bring in a fresh new perspective to further diversify our company for the benefit of our employees, products and our community.
Snagajob offers a highly competitive compensation and benefits package including medical, dental, vision, life insurance, a 401k plan, health and fitness incentives, PTO, paid community service time, and a casual fun work environment with an award winning culture. What Snaggers love most is our commitment to work-life blend and the amazing leaders who are dedicated to helping their teams grow personally and professionally. Snagajob promotes a culture of community and support, so once a Snagger, always a Snagger. We pride ourselves on keeping it real and not being afraid to challenge the status quo.
Snagajob, the country’s largest and fastest-growing platform for hourly work, connects more than 47 million active job seekers with employment opportunities at 450,000 employer locations in the US and Canada. Snagajob’s mission is to put people in the right fit positions so they can maximize their potential and live more fulfilling lives. Through Snagajob, workers gain the flexibility of working when and where they choose while employers are assured every shift stays filled. For more information, visit www.Snagajob.com or connect with us on LinkedIn, Instagram, Facebook and Twitter.