Who We Are
SmartRent is a B2B SaaS company that develops innovative smart home solutions for property managers, community staff, and residents of multifamily and single family homes.
We’re doing big things in the proptech world! SmartRent has been recognized as the winner of HousingWire’s Tech100 Real Estate awards for the most innovative tech company serving the mortgage and real estate industries; named #1 in Growjo’s “100 Fastest Growing Companies in Arizona” Awards for 2021; and recognized as a Silver Stevie Winner for Contact Center of the Year in the technology sector—and we’re just getting started.
As a Staff Accountant at SmartRent, you will be primarily responsible for overseeing general ledger entries, closing reconciliations, cash management and assisting with revenue recognition. You will report to the Assistant Corporate Controller and work closely with the Senior Accountants, Accounts Payable Manager and other functions across the organization to support our accounting operations.
- Perform a number of general accounting duties including assigned general ledger entries, closing reconciliations and variance analysis
- Oversee the daily reconciliation of cash for the business
- Responsible for our fixed asset accounting duties and accounting for inventory
- Assist with the ASC 606 revenue recognition process
- Assist with other duties and ad hoc projects as assigned
- Bachelor's degree in Accounting or Finance
- Ideally 2-3 years of accounting experience, but open to entry-level as well
- Proficient in Excel and ability to adopt new technologies in a fast-paced environment
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- High attention to detail, analytical and organized with an ability to work well under pressure and within strict deadlines
- Strong problem-solving skills, passion for continuous process improvements
- Capability to build and maintain positive relationships with colleagues while creating a culture of diversity, inclusivity, collaboration and teamwork
- Public accounting experience
- CPA, or CPA candidate preferred
- Experience in NetSuite and/or Salesforce
NOTE: SmartRent has a hybrid work environment. Must be willing to work out of our Scottsdale, AZ headquarters on a hybrid schedule.
- Do the hard work and go out of your way to deliver excellence
- Own outcomes and learn from your mistakes
- Are a collaborative and supportive team player; win or lose you lift others up
- Value authenticity, other's perspectives, and diversity in the workplace
- Have a passion for smart tech and the real estate industry