Who We Are
SmartRent is a B2B SaaS company that develops innovative smart home solutions for property managers, community staff, and residents of multifamily and single family homes.
We’re doing big things in the proptech world! SmartRent has been recognized as the winner of HousingWire’s Tech100 Real Estate awards for the most innovative tech company serving the mortgage and real estate industries; named #1 in Growjo’s “100 Fastest Growing Companies in Arizona” Awards for 2021; and recognized as a Silver Stevie Winner for Contact Center of the Year in the technology sector—and we’re just getting started.
Reporting to the CTO, the SVP, Product is responsible for overseeing the organization's full range of product operations including strategy, innovation, and management.
- Develop a vision and set the strategic direction of the product portfolio which aligns with customer needs, business growth, competitive market, and overall technology strategy.
- Work across multiple teams and stakeholders to achieve business and user outcomes defined in business plans and roadmaps.
- Own and drive the product life cycle through design, development, launch and ongoing maintenance and enhancements.
- Represent the Product team, working closely with leadership and other key stakeholders to champion the voice of the customer and advocate for the interests of the business.
- Gain a deep and holistic understanding of the market and product fit.
- Develop, mentor and manage the product management team
- Develop product metrics, OKR’s and KPIs to measure success and identify areas for improvement.
- Pursue a deep understanding of user and customer needs through research and data analysis.
- Define and drive scalable processes and innovation around the product development cycle.
- Collaborate across internal teams and with customers to communicate product strategies and adjust roadmap priorities according to feedback.
Skills & Qualifications:
- 10-15 years of experience working in product leadership roles in SaaS, IoT and/or hardware.
- Exceptional knowledge of electrical and electronics hardware, telematics, associated software, and app development for IOS and Android.
- Experience leading enterprise B2B product management teams with a deep understanding of property technology is highly preferred
- Creative and accountable leader with a track record of developing, launching and scaling modern technology products
- Experience defining, building and communicating a winning product strategy
- Drive to create groundbreaking products and create exponential success as part of a high performing team.
- Ability to effectively lead and motivate teams across a variety of functional roles.
- Relentless, cross-functional collaborator, transparently communicating, and building consensus, and trusted partnerships-- from individual contributors to executive leaders.
- Experience inspiring teams to deliver their best work, delight customers, while having fun at the same time.
- Outstanding coaching and feedback skills, with experience mentoring, sponsoring, supporting, and developing talent at different levels of their career.
- Passionate about the customers and demonstrated experience in building relationships.
- Experience interpreting customer needs and market trends.
- Proven change agent and a strong strategic thinker.
- Proven track record of clear communications with C-suite stakeholders and across cross-functional teams.
- Data-driven method for decision making using KPIs and metrics.
- Do the hard work and go out of your way to deliver excellence
- Own outcomes and learn from your mistakes
- Are a collaborative and supportive team player; win or lose you lift others up
- Value authenticity, other's perspectives, and diversity in the workplace
- Have a passion for smart tech and the real estate industry