Who We Are
SmartRent is a B2B SaaS company that develops innovative smart home solutions for property managers, community staff, and residents of multifamily and single family homes.
We’re doing big things in the proptech world! SmartRent has been recognized as the winner of HousingWire’s Tech100 Real Estate awards for the most innovative tech company serving the mortgage and real estate industries; named #1 in Growjo’s “100 Fastest Growing Companies in Arizona” Awards for 2021; and recognized as a Silver Stevie Winner for Contact Center of the Year in the technology sector—and we’re just getting started.
The key responsibilities include understanding how the various SmartRent products work, developing testing automation approaches that fit the overall strategy, and the design/creation/execution of automation framework, automated testing and reporting of the tests. The successful candidate is an experienced and hands-on Automation Engineer who has experience developing an automation approach from the ground up and mentoring other team members on that approach.
The successful candidate will be obsessed with quality improvement, experienced, and highly committed to creating world class automation suite for regression and feature testing. They are able to develop and drive a high-level strategy, as well as take a hands-on approach to implementing that strategy.
- 3+ years experience with test automation
- 3+ years experience in manual testing
- 3+ years of experience mentoring test team members
- Experience with Cloud-based SaaS applications
- Experience testing both iOS and Android applications
- Experience designing automation solutions for web, mobile and API testing from the ground up
- Experience coding with Java or an equivalent language
- Experience developing tests with Selenium, Appium, or equivalent solutions
- Experience with GitHub, Jenkins, Jira, Katalon
- Experience reporting progress and results to stakeholders
- Experience working with manual testers
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering or equivalent
- Solid understanding of QA tool development chains and environments
- Demonstrate expertise in black box and grey box testing methodologies, experience with standard QA and development tools, and the ability to operate within short release cycles
- Superior communication and analytical skills, including strong ability to identify and solve ambiguous problems
- Strong people skills, with a proven ability to grow talented programmatic and user-level personnel
- Do the hard work and go out of your way to deliver excellence
- Own outcomes and learn from your mistakes
- Are a collaborative and supportive team player; win or lose you lift others up
- Value authenticity, other's perspectives, and diversity in the workplace
- Have a passion for smart tech and the real estate industry