Smartling is seeking a Business Development Representative for a remote, work from home position. Smartling’s Business Development team is a group of highly motivated sales professionals whose focus is to source and engage with high-potential prospects. As the first point of contact with potential customers, you will qualify active buying interest and be a critical part of the bridge between marketing and sales to ensure new customer acquisition is consistent, high quality, and frictionless. We are considering candidates based in Eastern and Central time zones at this time.
Smartling exists to translate the world's digital content. Why is this important? Life is powered by words. They are used to engage consumers online, in products and throughout our lives in all corners of the globe. And since it takes 45 languages to reach 95% of the world's online GDP, content translation is of increasing importance across the enterprise. Join Smartling (since 2009) to help grow and support our 1,000+ customers who move the world with words.
What’s in it for you
- Become a business representative via regular and structured coaching and training
- Be a part of an ambitious and highly motivated team
- You will learn vital prospecting skills and be a champion in discovery calls with prospects
- Develop your core foundation and launch your career as a SaaS sales professional
- Work in a fast-paced technology company
- Sales performance incentives for fun (SPIFFs!)
- Work alongside marketing and sales to source and engage with high-potential prospects and companies
- Develop and execute outreach strategies via email, zoom and social channels
- Generate curiosity with potential customers by clearly articulating Smartling’s value proposition
- Act as a consultative partner for potential customers; fielding questions and handling objections
- Once prospects have been qualified and a fit has been identified, execute a hand-off to Account Executives
- Diligently record and manage prospect and company information in Salesforce.com
- Become a Smartling expert, maintaining an in-depth knowledge of the product, competitive positioning and industry trends
- Be a Smartling ambassador at industry events and conferences
- Interest in sales as a career
- Track record of top performance in a competitive environment
- A natural passion and curiosity for the fast-paced technology
- Clear communicator with a deep sense of empathy
- A self-starter who loves problem solving and teamwork
- Excellent written communication skills
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent work experience
- 1 year customer-facing experience
- A home office setup conducive for working remotely, and the ability to work effectively as a remote team member*
Preferred but not required
- Working knowledge of sales and marketing tools e.g. Salesforce.com, LinkedIn, Outreach
- Prior experience within a fast-paced technology company
- Results-focused. Motivated, hard-working and ready to level up to your career goals
- Curious: You’re a “forever learner” with an insatiable desire to gain new skills and knowledge
- Enthusiastic. A fun and energetic co-worker
- Customer-focused. Passionate for client success at all times
- Detail-oriented. Have excellent time management and organizational skills
- A team-player. Who gets excited by a fast-paced, high-energy environment
You Will Enjoy
- Freedom 🏡 - we are remote first
- Growth - an opportunity to learn and advance your career
- Wealth 💰 - we offer a competitive salary and 401(k) + company match
- Wellness - medical, dental, and vision insurance for you and your family
- Balance - flexible PTO + 11 holidays; generous parental leave
- Culture 🤝- an energetic, value-driven, and fun culture and team spirit
- Bonus - employee referral program and apple equipment
The national pay range for this role is $65,000-$72,000 OTE. Individual compensation will be commensurate with the candidate's experience and local cost of labor.
Smartling is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We are committed to building an inclusive global team that represents a variety of backgrounds, perspectives, beliefs, skills, and experiences.
We use E-verify platform for the work authorization verifications.
*To work from home, you must have a strong internet connection, quiet space, and a professional (distraction and clutter-free) background.