Skyryse is reimagining urban transportation for the 21st century by making air travel a viable option for more people. We see a future where flying Skyryse to a meeting, out to dinner, or home from the office is as natural as hopping in a car. Only it will be way faster and a whole lot more fun. Our app will make it effortless to travel door-to-door in major cities, unlocking new possibilities for how people live, work, and play.
To support our efforts, we are embedding the world’s most advanced perception technology into our aircraft, giving pilots greater situational awareness and making air travel safer for everyone.
The Skyryse team is comprised of aerospace experts and engineers from Airbus, Robinson, Tesla, Lockheed, SpaceX, Hyperloop One and the U.S. Military, and operates out of Hawthorne, California.
About the Job:
This critical position will be responsible for developing the software infrastructure that forms the platform that supports our consumer applications and internal tools. This infrastructure platform will support and integrate with software applications and components that drive our customer experience from mobile devices, cloud, embedded, and on-premise systems. We want to create the world’s first intra-urban air transportation platform, drastically reducing travel time. We are looking to build an amazing team of engineers to solve all the issues of the transportation world.
- Minimum 5+ years of building and architecting infrastructures
- Candidate must have hands on experience in Kubernetes
- Experience working and integrating with distributed systems, service tracing, orchestration control planes, service meshes, and service discovery solutions fuels your drive
- Able to safely and securely scale and tune consumer-facing infrastructure from zero to eleven
- Ability to build on-demand environments with automation and declarative infrastructure-as-code tools
- Ability to embrace and promote the use of containerization and its benefits to software engineering
- Ability to teach and grow the skills of members of your team that are among your top priorities
- Highly passionate about observability of software operations and infrastructure tooling
- Git is second nature to you and you champion its workflows for change control and promotion
- Building a well-formed argument for the use of a technology with a wide open mind
- Passionate about seeking new tools and methods to improve platform services and software infrastructure
- Customer focused mindset – how can you do more?
- Safety and security are at the forefront in everything you do
Skyryse is an equal opportunity employer and values diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Principals only please. NO AGENCY CANDIDATES WILL BE CONSIDERED. Please apply directly to Skyryse.