Job Title: Skyport Operations Supervisor
Want to be part of a team of people working to reimagine urban transportation by making air travel a viable option for everyone? Join the first 30 people, all in an epic helicopter hangar office, to help us achieve our vision by building the world's largest transportation company!
Location: Hawthorne Municipal Airport, Hawthorne, CA
Benefits: Outstanding benefits include excellent health/dental/life/disability, paid vacation, 401K, sick leave & holidays and catered lunches and snacks!
Skyryse is reimagining urban transportation for the 21st century by making air travel a viable option for more people.
We see a future where flying Skyryse to a meeting, out to dinner, or home from the office is as natural as hopping in a car. Only it will be way faster and a whole lot more fun. Our service will make it effortless to travel door-to-door in major cities, unlocking new possibilities for how people live, work, and play. To support our efforts, we are embedding the world’s most advanced perception technology into our aircraft, giving pilots greater situational awareness and making air travel safer for everyone.
Why this role exists:
Reporting to the Manager of Launch + Strategy, the Skyport Operations Supervisor will manage a team of Skyport Attendants providing ongoing operational, safety, and customer experience training, as well as, acting as the point of contact for any escalations for daily flights.
What’s in it for me?
Founded in 2016, and growing rapidly, our employees come from Robinson, Tesla, Lockheed, Northrup Grumman, and the U.S. Military, passionate about a world where safe, affordable and environmentally friendly air travel is a viable option for everyone. Join on the ground floor, and help us achieve our vision by building the world's largest transportation company.
- 3-5 years experience managing hourly customer-facing associates
- Aviation experience preferred (including commercial and private airlines and/or military)
- Manage + incentive the Skyport Attendants (link)
- Keep worker turnover low
- Training and development of staff
- Build culture + continuity amongst the team
- Create Attendants' schedule for safe flight operations (safety is paramount)
Core Competencies + Skills:
- Able to manage people to maintain a high safety standard
- Strong management skills (specifically regarding hourly/contract employees)
- Has trained and managed a ground operations team for customer service and safety
- Able to incentivize hourly employees to give world-class service
- Passionate about people, to lead + inspire the team
- Resilient self-starter who is comfortable with ambiguity + constant change
- Maturity (resonates with our core value “company > team > self”)
- Constant learner, deeply curious
- Innovative and excited to roll our your sleeves
- Extreme ownership (able to fail, then analyze, then turn it into a learning experience)
*SkyRyse is an equal opportunity employer and values diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
**Principals only, please. NO AGENCY CANDIDATES WILL BE CONSIDERED. Please apply directly to Skyryse.