Our main website, documentation website and blog are all very important to us, and we have a dedicated team building these. The Web Engineering Team collaborates very closely with the Design, Marketing & Documentation Team to provide the highest quality web experience for new and existing customers.
The tech stack for this team has changed a lot over the last few years (and will change a lot in the future too), but Gatsby is the core web framework that powers most things. The Web Engineering Team leverages a CMS platform so that most of the content on our public web properties are editable by members of our Marketing Team. This CMS needs to scale to hundreds of pages and thousands of resources.
Required Skills and Experience
- Experience working with headless CMSs such as Contentful, Contentstack, Builder.io, Sanity, Prismic or Netlify CMS.
- Search engine optimization, web accessibility, web performance, cross-browser compatibility.
- UI testing with tools such as Cypress.
- Working with REST and GraphQL APIs.
- Attention to detail. Providing a top notch web experience requires a strong design mindset.
What you can expect from this role
In the first 3 months:
- Onboard into the public website and documentation website codebases, add small features, fix some small bugs.
- Get to know your teammates, learn about the team's roadmap and stakeholders.
- Dive deep into GatsbyJS and slowly become an expert in it.
In the first year:
- Have become fully comfortable with most of the codebase.
- Start working on some developer experience improvements such as upgrading package dependencies or accelerating build times.
- Start speccing and scoping larger projects with the rest of the team and own longer end-to-end projects across Marketing, Design and Engineering.
Who will you work with
- Phil Sheffield, Head of Design
- Phil runs the design team and helps project manage some of the creative projects that this team works on. He helps ensure that the entire customer experience is excellent. He also ran the design team at box.com previous to coming to SingleStore.
- Rafaela Ferro, Software Engineer
- Rafaela is a Frontend Engineer on the web team that helps bring to life the projects envisioned by the design and marketing team. Previous to coming to SingleStore, she worked as a product designer.
- Bernardo Raposo, Team Lead
- Bernardo is a Software Engineer with more than 12 years of experience in different industries, from analytics to travel. He has been part of the product team at SingleStore for over a year and has recently embraced the big challenge of leading the Web team in a phase of growth and expansion with lots of exciting projects ahead. Outside his work hours he likes to contribute to open-source projects, many of them related to design tooling.
- Company Wide
- Technology Stipend for New Employees
- Monthly Cell Phone and Internet Stipend
- Health and Wellness benefit
- Company and team events
- Flexible time off
- Volunteer time off
- Stock Options
As employees are located in many different countries around the world, some benefits may differ from country to country. In all cases, we do our best to provide equitable perks and benefits across our locations.
- Full Time Employment
- Eligibility to work for a Portuguese or UK based employer
- Fully Remote Role based in Ireland, UK or Portugal.
SingleStore is one platform for all data, built so you can engage with insight in every moment. Trusted by industry leaders, SingleStore enables enterprises to adapt to change as it happens, embrace diverse data with ease, and accelerate the pace of innovation. SingleStore is venture-backed and headquartered in San Francisco with offices in Sunnyvale, Seattle, Boston, London, Lisbon, Bangalore, Dublin and Kyiv. Defining the future starts with The Single Database for All Data-Intensive Applications.
Consistent with our commitment to diversity & inclusion, we value individuals with the ability to work on diverse teams and with a diverse range of people.
Please note that SingleStore’s COVID-19 vaccination policy requires that team members in the United States be fully vaccinated, including a booster shot with one of the United States FDA-approved vaccine options to meet in person for SingleStore business or to work from one of our U.S. office locations. [It is expected that this will be a requirement for this role]. If an exemption and/or accommodation to our vaccination policy is requested, a member of the Human Resources department will be available to begin the interactive accommodation process.
To all recruitment agencies: SingleStore does not accept agency resumes. Please do not forward resumes to SingleStore employees. SingleStore is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes and will not pay fees to any third-party agency or company that does not have a signed agreement with the Company.