SimpliSafe is looking for a Software Engineer to join the Device Connectivity team that develops and maintains highly performant and reliable services allowing our devices to communicate with the rest of our cloud ecosystem. These services are in the critical path of keeping our customer’s homes secure.
In this role, you will:
- Build solutions from their inception through to production - from design, development, testing and deployment.
- Use the best tools for the job; creating right-sized, tested, and reliable services to meet the needs of customers and co-workers
- Work on microservices which are:
- Small and independent
- Easy to learn, change, extend
- Collaborate with the firmware engineers on designing solutions
- A collaborative team player with industry experience (3+ years) writing backend services at scale using one of C++, Go, Java, or C#
- Most of our existing services are written in C++ with future services migrating to Go.
- Working familiarity with at least one other language and a willingness to work in a polyglot development environment.
- Thorough understanding of foundational web service technologies (e.g. TCP, REST, grpc, Protobuf, JSON).
- Experience with cloud technology (AWS preferred) and designing solutions that leverage its unique advantages.
- Collaborative mindset and a passion for technology and learning. Enjoys mentoring teammates and helping everyone perform better.
- Practitioner of lean or agile software development principles and practices, understanding and advocating the importance of test automation, continuous delivery, continuous improvement, and value delivery.
- Nice to haves:
- Experience with Infrastructure as Code (Terraform, Ansible, and such)
- Experience with Python
- Experience working with one or more of the following data handling technologies (SQL, MongoDB, Redis, Amazon SQS, Elasticsearch, Kafka)
- Comfortable with the CLI and shell scripting
- Knowledge of containerization and orchestration (Docker, Kubernetes, or ECS)
Simplisafe is a home security company that is based in Boston, MA which creates and sells self-installed security systems. Our company was founded by Chad and Eleanor Laurans in 2006 when they had several friends whose homes were broken into. Chad and Eleanor started designing Simplisafe products in their own home when they realized there weren’t any solutions available on the market that were geared towards renters. From these humble beginnings, Simplisafe has become a major competitor in the home security market and was recently acquired by private equity firm Hellman & Friedman.
At Simplisafe, we place an emphasis on a ‘no-ego’, collaborative culture. From the top down, we all work together to solve the difficult challenges within the home security and IoT industry. We have recently been named in Built In Boston’s ‘Best Places to Work in 2019’ list and in Wealthfront’s ‘2019 Career Launching Companies’ list. Like our products, we are constantly evolving to provide the best employment experience possible. If Simplisafe sounds like a company you’d enjoy working for, we’d love to hear from you!
BENEFITS & PERKS:
We are an equal opportunity employer, and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, pregnancy, age, national origin, disability status, genetic information, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. Likewise, we are committed to full support of qualified individuals in hiring and employment. In keeping with this commitment, we will work with qualified individuals with disabilities to assess whether a reasonable accommodation may be provided to perform the essential functions of their role, absent undue hardship. If a reasonable accommodation may be needed to fully participate in the job application or interview process, to perform the essential functions of a position, or to receive other benefits and privileges of employment, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.