We’re a high-tech home security company that’s passionate about protecting the life you’ve built and our mission of keeping Every Home Secure. And we’ve created a culture here that cares just as deeply about the career you’re building. Ours is a no ego culture of collaboration and innovation where those seeking their next challenge can find big opportunities and make a huge impact on the lives of all those who we protect. We don’t just want you to work here. We want you to grow and thrive here.
We’re embracing a hybrid work model that enables our teams to split their time between office and home. Hybrid for us means we expect our teams to come together in our office on two core days, typically Tuesday, Wednesday or Thursday, to work together in person, and teams can choose where they work for the remainder of the week. We all benefit from flexibility and get to use the best of both worlds to get our work done.
Why are we hiring?
Well, we’re growing and thriving. So, we need smart, talented, and humble people who share our values to join us as we disrupt the home security space and relentlessly pursue our mission of keeping Every Home Secure.
What You’ll Do
We are excited to share that the Sales Agent role starts at $20 per hour along with the option of a number of exciting benefits!
Our Sales Team is growing and we're looking for motivated and ambitious self-starters who are excited to advance their careers at SimpliSafe. We are looking for charismatic and skilled sales professionals to convert inbound leads to active customers through value based selling. As a Sales Agent, you will also be responsible for building strong relationships with new and existing customers. The role requires active listening skills and a strong sense of confidence to communicate effectively to a wide demographic of people across the country.
Primary Responsibilities Include:
- As a SimpliSafe Sales Agent you will assist future customers through the process of selecting the right system, products and services best suited for their lifestyle needs.
- Identify key insights to customers needs and provide recommendations to help secure their home, family, pets, etc.
- Follow SimpliSafe’s sales methodology to ensure the highest level of respect, trust, and loyalty with our future customers.
- Perform customer follow-up activities including quotes, information requests, etc.
- Properly collect and input customer information for proper customer identification.
- Make recommendations of special promotions and affiliated partner’s products and services.
What You’ll Bring
- Proven success in an inbound / outbound phone-based sales environment
- Enhanced listening skills to help identify the best solution for the customer
- Comfort with technology and ability to provide technical assistance for consumer electronics
- Proven record of outstanding attendance and timeliness in a structured environment
- Strong work ethic and the drive to contribute to company goals.
- Clear and effective communication skills, both written and verbal.
- Ability to work at times either independently and / or in a team setting.
- Ability to prioritize in a fast-paced environment, excellent time management skills.
- Positive, can-do attitude and eager for continuous improvement by demonstrating a learning mindset and being open to coaching and feedback.
- Strong commitment to customer happiness and satisfaction
Must be eligible for certification as an electronic security employee, which requires submitting your fingerprints to the Virginia Department of Criminal Justice Services (DCJS) for use in conducting a national criminal records search and a Virginia criminal history search and final certification approval from DCJS.
What Values You’ll Share
- Customer Obsessed - Building deep empathy for our customers, putting them at the core of our work, and developing strong, long-term relationships with them.
- Aim High - Always challenging ourselves and others to raise the bar.
- No Ego - Maintaining a “no job too small” attitude, and an open, inclusive and humble style.
- One Team - Taking a highly collaborative approach to achieving success.
- Lift As We Climb - Investing in developing others and helping others around us succeed.
- Lean & Nimble - Working with agility and efficiency to experiment in an often ambiguous environment.
We are an equal opportunity employer, and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, pregnancy, age, national origin, disability status, genetic information, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. Likewise, we are committed to full support of qualified individuals in hiring and employment. In keeping with this commitment, we will work with qualified individuals with disabilities to assess whether a reasonable accommodation may be provided to perform the essential functions of their role, absent undue hardship. If a reasonable accommodation may be needed to fully participate in the job application or interview process, to perform the essential functions of a position, or to receive other benefits and privileges of employment, please contact email@example.com.