SimpliSafe is a leading innovator in the home security industry with one mission: To Make Every Home Secure. Founded in 2006, SimpliSafe is based in the heart of Boston, Massachusetts. We believe being safe should be simple. And it is for more than 3 million people, thanks to SimpliSafe. Over the last decade, we’ve transformed home security from an outdated, intimidating industry to something smart, approachable and impeccably engineered. We’ve taken on the entrenched industry giants, and we’re winning, receiving accolades for best home security over the last year and a half from product review sites like US News & World Report, Popular Mechanics, and PCMag.
Even as the fastest-growing security company in the country, we retain our small-company ethos: no-ego, hard-working collaborative teams tackling complex projects head-on. We strive to create an inspiring and innovative workplace, and it hasn’t gone unnoticed. SimpliSafe recently landed on the Boston Business Journal’s “2021 Top Places to Work” and Forbes “Top 100 Most Customer-Centric Companies of 2022”.
About the Position:
SimpliSafe is seeking a Senior Product Quality Engineer to help drive the development and manufacturing for our award-winning wireless/IoT home security system. This role will be a critical part of the end-to-end Quality Management team, helping to drive quality into our design and supply chain throughout the life of our products.
- Responsible for NPI quality, manufacturing quality, and field quality improvement initiatives.
- Drive systematic improvements into development and manufacturing during the product life cycle.
- Work with product and engineering teams to create usage models for new products.
- Apply DFMEA and PFMEA methodologies to identify risks and implement solutions.
- Establish end-to-end product quality measurements and KPI’s across suppliers, contract manufacturers, warehouse, and customers.
- Prepare all new product prototype builds and ensure designs meet performance goals.
- Develop and execute quality plans for all new products in collaboration with contract manufacturers and suppliers.
- Develop and execute product reliability test plans to validate new products.
- Develop ongoing reliability test plans for products and continuously review data to ensure quality levels are met.
- Establish a data-based field quality detection process and determine root causes of field issues. Create a field return rate prediction model for new products using prototype build data and existing field data.
Desired Skills and Experience:
- 5+ years in the manufacturing and development of products.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering, or proven track record in a matching role.
- Data-driven and results-oriented approach to problem solving.
- Broad experience with quality improvement methods including Design of Experiments, statistical process control methods, Lean/Six Sigma, root cause analysis.
- Experience implementing FMEA and DFM methodologies into the development life cycle.
- Experience with reliability methods and quality statistical sampling.
- Experience working with external manufacturers and traveling to manufacturing sites.
- Ability to travel internationally 25% (max).
- Consumer electronics industry
- Master’s degree in Mechanical/Electrical/Industrial Engineering or MBA
- Project management experience
- Experience with Asian manufacturing
- Manufacturing, supply-chain readiness assessment
- Quality Management and Continuous Improvement systems (TQM, LSS, etc.)
We are an equal opportunity employer, and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, pregnancy, age, national origin, disability status, genetic information, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. Likewise, we are committed to full support of qualified individuals in hiring and employment. In keeping with this commitment, we will work with qualified individuals with disabilities to assess whether a reasonable accommodation may be provided to perform the essential functions of their role, absent undue hardship. If a reasonable accommodation may be needed to fully participate in the job application or interview process, to perform the essential functions of a position, or to receive other benefits and privileges of employment, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.