Being safe should be simple. And it is for more than 3 million people, thanks to SimpliSafe. Over the last decade, we’ve transformed home security from an outdated, intimidating industry to something smart, radically approachable and impeccably engineered. We’ve taken on the entrenched industry giants, and we’re winning. CNET named SimpliSafe their Editors’ Choice. And PC Magazine awarded us both Editors’ Choice and Readers’ Choice.
Even as the fastest-growing security company in the country, we retain our small-company ethos: no-ego, hard-working collaborative teams tackling complex projects head-on. We strive to create an inspiring and innovative workplace, and it hasn’t gone unnoticed. SimpliSafe recently landed on both Built In Boston’s “Best Places to Work in 2019” and Wealthfront’s “2019 Career Launching Companies” lists.
We believe home should be safe. For everyone. And we have the big ideas and brilliant minds to make it happen. We’re changing how people think of home security, one home at a time. We’re revolutionizing an outdated industry that alienated homeowners with contracts that value profit over protection. And we’re proving that, yes, you can get extraordinary home security at an extraordinarily fair and honest price. For the first time ever, home security really feels like home.
SimpliSafe believes that through a combination of purposeful technology and an empathetic human touch, we enable customers to not only be safe, but feel safe as well. We are seeking values driven, leaders to supervise one of our many teams of Monitoring Experience Specialists that provide security and life saving monitoring services to our growing base of Subscribers.
Guided by the objectives and long term strategy of the company and reporting the Manager of Monitoring Experience on your assigned schedule, this position supports the leadership, management, and vision necessary to ensure that the company has the proper operational controls, administrative and reporting procedures, and team leadership processes in place to effectively serve and communicate with SimpliSafe’s customer base during the alarm moment.
We are looking to transform the relationship between alarm companies, consumers, and the entire alarm response ecosystem -- and are seeking leaders to help us execute that transformation.
What You’ll Do
- Set team goals that align with SimpliSafe’s company plan and vision to provide world-class monitoring service to meet and exceed CSAA Five-Diamond and UL Certification for Central Station Operations at the site.
- Monitor team performance and productivity to provide constructive feedback and coaching to engage and develop team members
- Build strong working relationships through communication with team members
- Take escalated calls to ensure customer satisfaction, as well as assist with in emergency dispatch scenarios
- Conduct 1:1 coaching sessions with team members to review prior month’s performance
- Prepare and submit team and individual performance reports on a consistent basis
- Recommend or implement measures to motivate employees to maintain or improve performance and efficiency.
- Conduct continual assessment of the team’s overall emotional well-being; react appropriately to staff’s needs in emergency and routine situations
- Participate in regularly scheduled meetings with the leadership team to stay abreast of business needs and changes
- At times, partnering with recruiting teams during recruiting initiatives and events.
- Fostering a work environment where team members receive personal development and career progression opportunities
- Uphold standards and expectations through SimpliSafe established processes
- Availability for on call hours as needed
What You’ll Need
- Ability to pass multiple state licensing background checks and monitoring related exams
- 3-5 years of prior monitoring experience is preferred, with a minimum of 1 year of supervisory experience
- Ability to monitor and track the receipt, transmission, and accuracy of messages processed using company emergency communications equipment and systems.
- Ability to instruct on how to make quick and accurate decisions involving life threatening and/or other emergency conditions
- Proficiency in basic computer programs, including Microsoft Office and Excel
- Experience effectively communicating with people in emotional or physical distress
- The ability to use judgment and decision-making skills to evaluate situations, establish priorities, and resolve matters
- Strong work ethic and the drive to contribute to company goals
- Ability to prioritize in a fast-paced environment and excellent time management skills
- Ability to multitask with different, and sometimes conflicting, events happening at the same time
- Ability to engender respect and trust from staff and external constituencies.
Based in VA, must be eligible for certification as an electronic security employee, which requires submitting your fingerprints to the Virginia Department of Criminal Justice Services (DCJS) for use in conducting a national criminal records search and a Virginia criminal history search and final certification approval from DCJS.
We are an equal opportunity employer, and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, pregnancy, age, national origin, disability status, genetic information, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. Likewise, we are committed to full support of qualified individuals in hiring and employment. In keeping with this commitment, we will work with qualified individuals with disabilities to assess whether a reasonable accommodation may be provided to perform the essential functions of their role, absent undue hardship. If a reasonable accommodation may be needed to fully participate in the job application or interview process, to perform the essential functions of a position, or to receive other benefits and privileges of employment, please contact email@example.com.