SimpliSafe is looking for an experienced Software Engineering Manager to lead our Core iOS development team.
This team is responsible for the overall architecture, quality, and delivery of our native Swift application that over a million customers utilize to interact with our award winning wireless/IoT solution.
Our ideal candidate will have experience building and maintaining highly productive and collaborative Agile teams. The perfect candidate has a passion for developing people professionally, as well as the technical chops to accurately assess engineering performance.
- Are collaborative by nature
- Are a transparent communicator
- Enjoy challenges and solving problems
- Enjoy a fast paced environment
- Are an excellent communicator, with a track record of working well with executives and non-technical leaders
- Have a "get stuff done" attitude
- Directly manage a team of 5-8 developers
- Hire world class team members
- Coach the team in Agile values, principles, and practices
- Actively identify gaps with process, resources, or technical solutions, develop actions to address gaps, and collaborate with stakeholders to address and escalate as needed
- Conduct one-on-ones and performance reviews
- Assist with career growth and goal setting
- Oversee the day to day operations of the team to ensure delivery of code increments that add value to the business while protecting the technical health of the product.
- Collaborate with product owners and product managers to write user stories, and prioritize them for the team
- Influence future product/program direction
- Extensive software development experience, experiencing bringing products from concept to production
- 4+ years of native mobile development experience
- 3+ years experience in people management
BENEFITS & PERKS:
Health, dental and vision coverage - We cover 85% of plans and offer excellent BCBS HMO/PPO Health plans
Unlimited paid time off - To give you the flexibility and work/life balance you seek
401k Matching and Company Equity - To help you prepare for the future
We are an equal opportunity employer, and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, pregnancy, age, national origin, disability status, genetic information, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. Likewise, we are committed to full support of qualified individuals in hiring and employment. In keeping with this commitment, we will work with qualified individuals with disabilities to assess whether a reasonable accommodation may be provided to perform the essential functions of their role, absent undue hardship. If a reasonable accommodation may be needed to fully participate in the job application or interview process, to perform the essential functions of a position, or to receive other benefits and privileges of employment, please contact email@example.com.