Being safe should be simple. And it is for more than 3 million people, thanks to SimpliSafe. Over the last decade, we’ve transformed home security from an outdated, intimidating industry to something smart, radically approachable and impeccably engineered. We’ve taken on the entrenched industry giants, and we’re winning. CNET named SimpliSafe their Editors’ Choice. And PC Magazine awarded us both Editors’ Choice and Readers’ Choice.
Even as the fastest-growing security company in the country, we retain our small-company ethos: no-ego, hard-working collaborative teams tackling complex projects head-on. We strive to create an inspiring and innovative workplace, and it hasn’t gone unnoticed. SimpliSafe recently landed on both Built In Boston’s “Best Places to Work in 2019” and Wealthfront’s “2019 Career Launching Companies” lists.
We believe home should be safe. For everyone. And we have the big ideas and brilliant minds to make it happen. We’re changing how people think of home security, one home at a time. We’re revolutionizing an outdated industry that alienated homeowners with contracts that value profit over protection. And we’re proving that, yes, you can get extraordinary home security at an extraordinarily fair and honest price. For the first time ever, home security really feels like home.
And the next challenge we're tackling is the critical alarm moment by launching our own Monitoring Central Station in Richmond. We are looking to transform the relationship between alarm companies, consumers, and the entire alarm response ecosystem -- and are seeking candidates to help us execute that transformation.
What You'll Do
SimpliSafe’s People Operations Specialist (level 3) is responsible for maintaining and progressing every aspect of the employee experience. You will support core HR operations and processes, ensure smooth on-the-ground execution of People programs, and help scale the efforts of the People Partners and Total Rewards teams. As the first points of resolution for employee questions and issues, you will serve as a trusted advisor, educator, active listener and problem solver.
- Serve as the the gateway for employee questions and needs with regard to People programs, policies and processes
- Provide critical administrative support to ensure smooth delivery of new and ongoing People Programs; assist with implementation of and education for our HR platforms and systems
- Partner with People team to manage and triage employee relations matters; escalate high priority issues as needed
- Advance and scale People team programs and insights through data maintenance, reliable documentation, auditing processes, and proactive employee communications
- Support new hire onboarding and orientation across all locations
- Partner with other employee-facing teams (e.g., Payroll, IT, Legal, Office Management) to provide a centralized hub for best-in-class employee experience
- Maintain employee files, necessary documentation and data management
- Champion company values, vision, and standards of conduct
What You'll Bring
Desired Skills and Experience:
- Bachelor's degree and/or 1-3 years of experience in HR
- Clear and concise communication skills (written and verbal)
- Excellent planning, organizational, and time management skills
- Demonstrated ability to maintain confidentiality of sensitive information
- HR information systems experience preferred
- General knowledge of HR process/compliance
- Powerful drive to learn and contribute
- Customer service mindset
- Comfort with data comprehension and storytelling
What Values You’ll Share
- Customer Obsessed - Building deep empathy for customers and developing strong, long-term relationships with them.
- Aim High - Always challenging oneself and others to raise the bar.
- No Ego - “no job too small” attitude, and open, inclusive and humble style.
- One Team - highly collaborative approach to achieving success.
- Lift As We Climb - A track record of investing in developing others and helping others succeed.
- Lean & Nimble - working with agility and efficiency to experiment in an often-ambiguous environment.
Must be eligible for certification as an electronic security employee, which requires submitting your fingerprints to the Virginia Department of Criminal Justice Services (DCJS) for use in conducting a national criminal records search and a Virginia criminal history search and final certification approval from DCJS.
We are an equal opportunity employer, and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, pregnancy, age, national origin, disability status, genetic information, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. Likewise, we are committed to full support of qualified individuals in hiring and employment. In keeping with this commitment, we will work with qualified individuals with disabilities to assess whether a reasonable accommodation may be provided to perform the essential functions of their role, absent undue hardship. If a reasonable accommodation may be needed to fully participate in the job application or interview process, to perform the essential functions of a position, or to receive other benefits and privileges of employment, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.