SimpliSafe is a leading innovator in the home security industry with one mission: to make every home secure.
We believe in democratizing home safety. As our co-founder Chad Laurans aptly put it, “you shouldn’t have to ask for permission to secure your home. You should be able to do it yourself.”
SimpliSafe protects over 3 million Americans and we’re growing at a rapid pace. We pride ourselves in being daring innovators, humble cooperators, and data-driven thinkers. We go wherever the best idea leads us, work selflessly to get the best outcomes for our customers, and constantly analyze & reevaluate our efforts.
SimpliSafe has a range of opportunities for like-minded individuals, from our US and UK corporate offices to our warehouses and customer service centers.
SimpliSafe believes that through a combination of purposeful technology and an empathetic human touch, we enable customers to not only be safe, but feel safe as well.
As we approach the launch of our monitoring site in Richmond, we are seeking top talent to join our growing team inclusive of a Training Manager with the strategic and operational experience needed to train Dispatchers on engaging with our customers and assisting with the handling of critical fire, burglary, medical, and panic alarm monitoring services to protect our their homes and businesses across the U.S.
Reporting to the Sr. Manager of Frontline Training, you will be responsible for overall training facilitation and workshop development for both customer facing Dispatchers and their supervisors alike, all while working hand in hand with our Instructional Design and Content teams. This is an amazing opportunity to build out both the onsite training function and team needed to support it.
We aim to transform the relationship between alarm companies, consumers, and the entire alarm response ecosystem in an effort to keep ‘Every Home Secure.’
What You’ll Do
- Build a best in class frontline monitoring training function designed to ensure best in class customer interactions
- Utilize adult learning principles to build and iterate upon New Hire, Upskill and Ongoing training needs
- Partner with both on-site and larger SimpliSafe leadership to impart the mission of Every Home Secure in all customer interactions
- Manage, coach and grow a team of Monitoring Frontline Trainers
- Work with all parts of the Enablement & Training Team (Instructional Design, Content Creation, LMS/CMS) to design and implement learning paths tied back to measurable business objectives
- Partner with corporate L&D to align on large scale coaching and career development initiatives
- Provide support (Coaching, T3, Observation) on an as needed basis
What You’ll Need
- 5+ years in a Training or Coaching/Management role with increasing levels of responsibility in a multi-site/multi-channel contact center environment
- Prior experience at a Monitoring Site / or with a Home Security company and working knowledge of alarm handling platforms are required
- Knowledge of adult learning methodologies, instructional design, and curriculum development
- Familiarity with best in class Learning and Content Management tools and principles
- Proven ability to coach, teach and develop people leaders
- Experience with cross-functional projects and ability to partner with business leaders
If based in VA, must be eligible for certification as an electronic security employee, which requires submitting your fingerprints to the Virginia Department of Criminal Justice Services (DCJS) for use in conducting a national criminal records search and a Virginia criminal history search and final certification approval from DCJS.