SimpliSafe is looking for a Senior Business Intelligence Analyst to play a key role in defining and creating the BI capabilities of the company.
(All candidates should be at a commutable distance from our Boston office)
SimpliSafe Data Engineering Team is responsible for creating a platform used by the company's data scientists, analysts and business stakeholders to analyze growing amounts of data in order to provide better protection for our customers and to increase the success of the business.
As a part of the Data Engineering Team you will:
- Maintain data quality and security in the analytics databases.
- Coordinate among multiple teams the definition and implementation of key business metrics.
- Introduce and manage tools for data cataloguing, exploration, visualization and reporting.
- Provide guidance and support to the users of the data platform
A self-motivated proactive expert in business intelligence passionate about bringing the business to new heights by providing analytics to the business stakeholders. A person capable of bringing people together to achieve common goals in analytics. A person passionate about learning new topics in business, communication, workflow, analytics and technology.
- 5+ years' experience in helping businesses grow through analytics.
- Hands-on knowledge of core business processes and metrics.
- Passionate about helping people succeed through analytics insights and tools.
- In-depth knowledge of at least one data cataloguing, exploration, dashboarding and reporting tool.
- Broad knowledge of analytics methodologies, processes, tools.
- Outstanding communication and interpersonal skills that allow you to bring people together to work on shared topics.
- Experience in analyzing terabytes of data.
- Advanced knowledge of SQL.
- Experience in transforming and analyzing data in Python.
- Ability to find and learn new technologies fast without relying on engineers.
Ideally you have:
- Experience with Tableau and Looker
- Experience in AWS ecosystem, including CDK, boto3.
- Experience with pandas, scikit-learn, machine learning.
- Experience working in agile engineering environments.