We are the fastest growing home security company in the country competing against the entrenched giants, like ADT, and the new-to-the-space giants, like Amazon and Google. To compete in this ever growing IoT home automation security space we must learn and iterate quickly, work collaboratively, and deliver creatively. In service to this challenge, our engineering team is proud to own and run the literal "full stack", from designing and building the circuit boards on our hardware all the way to coding the UI on our mobile applications.
We are looking for a QA Engineer who is excited about advocating for product quality and representing the voice of our customers during the software development process. This position will help ensure that our customers, and prospective customers, enjoy a seamless experience interacting with our digital interface. In this role, you will:
- Be excited to roll up your sleeves and dive into our stack to help us engineer and ensure product quality
- Create test plans/cases for select scenarios
- Document testing results clearly and accurately
- Identify and document potential issues to be corrected by development team
- Pragmatically work alongside stakeholders carefully balancing risk and delivery
- A willingness to contribute to the software development process at its earliest stages
- Team with fellow QA members in the quest for continuous growth and improvement
- Up to 3 years of SQA experience in a fast-paced, agile environment, hands-on experience with browser-based solutions.
- Experienced with agile tools such as Jira.
- Experienced working in a CI/CD environment.
- Impeccable eye for detail, with excellent problem solving skills.
- An ability to identify and develop Functional Use Cases vs Edge Cases
- Adheres to SQA Best Practices
- Self-starter, motivated, organized, and confident.
- Team focused with an aspiration to work in a thriving, collaborative environment
- Excellent written and verbal communication.
- Humble and customer-focused
- ‘Always learning’ mindset with a ‘whatever it takes’ attitude to creatively help the team
Bonus points for:
- Bachelor's degree in a technical discipline
- Experience testing e-Commerce solutions
- Programming / Scripting experience
- Hands-on experience with Cypress, Postman, Cucumber, or similar.
- IoT / Home automation
- 3rd-Party integrations
We are an equal opportunity employer, and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, pregnancy, age, national origin, disability status, genetic information, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. Likewise, we are committed to full support of qualified individuals in hiring and employment. In keeping with this commitment, we will work with qualified individuals with disabilities to assess whether a reasonable accommodation may be provided to perform the essential functions of their role, absent undue hardship. If a reasonable accommodation may be needed to fully participate in the job application or interview process, to perform the essential functions of a position, or to receive other benefits and privileges of employment, please contact email@example.com.