SimpliSafe, Who We Are:
We fundamentally disrupted the home security industry, leveraging technology to pioneer a new way to make home the safest place on earth for everyone. Founded in 2006, we were the first to offer homeowners professional-grade DIY monitored home security with no long-term contracts and at radically fair prices.
Our technology and service platform now protects over 3 million people and we remain committed to our founding goal: Every Home Secure.
Protecting our customers and their families is a tremendous responsibility, which is why we are doubling down on our focus to the customer.
As the pioneering Problem Manager at SimpliSafe, you will partner across all organizations (Product, Engineering, Legal, Manufacturing, Contact Center, Marketing, Fulfillment, etc) to solve for the customer. Building on our strong customer-centric culture, you will frequently face challenges from the entire stack and lead dedicated resources to deliver solutions quickly. This will require you to balance pragmatism and perfection while caring deeply about our customers’ success.
Are you excited to build our Problem Management culture and collaborate, negotiate, and drive consensus across a broader organization centered on customer satisfaction? Are you ready to be the key contributor to our company’s customer-centric objectives?
In this role, you will be responsible for:
- Aggregation of top technical customer pain points
- Technical triaging of these impactful customer problems
- Collaborating effectively with the various departments involved in investigation and remediation
- Closing the loop with the respective, accountable teams (ensuring there is a post-mortem and resolution for the short, medium and long term action items from an incident)
- Architecting the platform that manages these problems
- Driving the long-term improvement of the overall problem management system
- Orchestrating the communication among all key contributors and stakeholders
- All the while, continuously learning and improving the program
You should have/be:
- Significant (5+ years) technical experience, and getting a rush from fighting fires
- Intimate knowledge of the software development lifecycle (SDLC)
- Experience delivering through others for scale
- A Natural communicator
- Proactive, pragmatic, multi-threaded problem solver
- Humble, calm, always-learning mindset
- Experience speaking for/with the customer with a determined smile
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Benefits & Perks:
- Health, dental and vision coverage - We cover 80% of plans and offer excellent BCBS HMO/PPO Health plans
- Unlimited paid time off - To give you the flexibility and work/life balance you seek
401k Matching and Company Equity - To help you prepare for the future
- Commuter Pre-Tax Benefits - To help cover the costs of transportation and parking at our Downtown Boston HQ
- Beer Fridays, Bagel Thursdays, Bi-Weekly Lunches, Team and Company Outings – We know how to have fun! Besides, who doesn’t like free food and drinks?!