Engineering @ Simplisafe
At SimpliSafe, we design, develop, manufacture, and sell our own line of wireless, connected home security systems. This includes home sensors, cameras, and locks. Our technology and service platform secures the homes of millions of people across the United States and the U.K
From hardware industrial design and firmware implementation to micro-services and mobile applications, our Engineering efforts are entirely completed in-house from our Boston Headquarters.
Engineering at SimpliSafe is built around small teams within an Agile environment. These teams are proud to own and run the literal "full stack", from designing and building the circuit boards on our hardware all the way up to coding the UI on our mobile applications, and building out our e-Commerce presence on SimpliSafe.com, accounting for 90% of our system sales.
Whether you’re a Mechanical Engineer, Electrical Engineer, Hardware/Firmware Engineer, Mobile Developer or Software Engineer, if you’re driven by solving complex problems at scale in a collaborative fast paced culture, we’d love to speak with you!
Mechanical Engineering @ SimpliSafe
We’re looking for folks to join the following teams/categories:
- Core Alarm
What You’ll Do
- Partner with Engineering, Product teams and our contract manufacturers to help drive the development and manufacturing for our award winning wireless/IoT home security system
- Design, build and test mechanical components and hardware within a fast-paced engineering group
- Rapidly iterate through mechanical design prototypes
- Take ownership of small to mid-sized projects with minimal guidance
- Manage contract manufacturers from product concept to mass production
What You’ll Need
- You’re a rising sophomore or junior in pursuit of a STEM eligible Undergraduate or Masters degree in one of the following fields: Mechanical Engineering, Industrial Design, or other related field
- Relevant coursework or lab experience with 3D printing
- Ability to commit to a 40 hour work week through the duration of a standard co-op cycle, running from January through July
What we’d love to see (but isn’t required)
- Academic experience with Arduino, C++, MATLAB, SolidWorks, AutoCAD, ANSYS, LabVIEW, IdeaMaker, Cura, or LateX
Who We Are
SimpliSafe is a leading innovator in the home security industry with one mission: to make every home secure.
We believe in democratizing home safety. As our co-founder Chad Laurans aptly put it, “you shouldn’t have to ask for permission to secure your home. You should be able to do it yourself.”
SimpliSafe protects over 3 million Americans and we’re growing at a rapid pace. We pride ourselves in being daring innovators, humble cooperators, and data-driven thinkers. We go wherever the best idea leads us, work selflessly to get the best outcomes for our customers, and constantly analyze & reevaluate our efforts.
SimpliSafe has a range of opportunities for like-minded individuals, from our US and UK corporate offices to our warehouses and customer service centers.