We are the fastest growing home security company in the country competing against the entrenched giants, like ADT, and the new-to-the-space giants, like Amazon and Google. To compete in this ever growing IoT home automation security space we must learn and iterate quickly, work collaboratively, and deliver creatively. In service to this challenge, our engineering team is proud to own and run the literal "full stack", from designing and building the circuit boards on our hardware all the way to coding the UI on our mobile applications.
Within engineering, we are looking for a QA Engineer who is excited to get into the guts of our products and services. It is hard to put a box around what this role entails. Imagine an environment that has multiple hardware devices talking over RF back to a base station and/or camera, that then talks over a wifi/cell connection back up to our AWS servers, the message then gets translated through a series of microservices (informed by multiple data stores, message buses, and cache instances) up to your phone (with its own connection complexity) and then back down again.
If you enjoy challenges, this literal full stack is an enormous opportunity for you to grow and make a huge impact.
In this role, you will:
- Be excited to roll up your sleeves and dive into our stack to help us improve quality
- Join a scrum team that solely owns a critical component of our security solution
- Pragmatically work alongside each dev team carefully balancing risk and delivery
- Utilize and inform our end-to-end automation framework
- Dig down deep into logs, packet capture, and even circuit design, and then back up again to find root cause
- Help evaluate, implement, and build on top of the many quality tool sets available
- Team with fellow QA members in the quest for continuous growth and improvement
- Live and breath our DevOps mission: empowering each team to fully own their product and/or service end-to-end
- Test across the full-stack including hardware, firmware, database, and back end technologies
- 2+ years of full-stack Manual QA experience
- Experience with SQL and MongoDB
- Team focused with a proven track record thriving in a collaborative environment
- Excellent written and verbal communication
- Humble, customer-focused with an astounding attention to detail
- ‘Always learning’ mindset
- ‘Whatever it takes’ attitude to creatively help the team
Bonus points for:
- Knowledge in Node.js, python, and/or C++
- Command line (CLI) and Unix exposure
- Scripting familiarity
- Experience with docker containers
- IoT / Home automation
At Simplisafe, we place an emphasis on a ‘no-ego’, collaborative culture. From the top down, we all work together to solve the difficult challenges within the home security and IoT industry. We have recently been named in Built In Boston’s ‘Best Places to Work in 2019’ list and in Wealthfront’s ‘2019 Career Launching Companies’ list. Like our products, we are constantly evolving to provide the best employment experience possible. If Simplisafe sounds like a company you’d enjoy working for, we’d love to hear from you!
Benefits & Perks: