Being safe should be simple. And it is for more than 3 million people, thanks to SimpliSafe. Over the last decade, we’ve transformed home security from an outdated, intimidating industry to something smart, radically approachable and impeccably engineered. We’ve taken on the entrenched industry giants, and we’re winning. CNET named SimpliSafe their Editors’ Choice. And PC Magazine awarded us both Editors’ Choice and Readers’ Choice.
Even as the fastest-growing security company in the country, we retain our small-company ethos: no-ego, hard-working collaborative teams tackling complex projects head-on. We strive to create an inspiring and innovative workplace, and it hasn’t gone unnoticed. SimpliSafe recently landed on both Built In Boston’s “Best Places to Work in 2019” and Wealthfront’s “2019 Career Launching Companies” lists.
We believe home should be safe. For everyone. And we have the big ideas and brilliant minds to make it happen. We’re changing how people think of home security, one home at a time. We’re revolutionizing an outdated industry that alienated homeowners with contracts that value profit over protection. And we’re proving that, yes, you can get extraordinary home security at an extraordinarily fair and honest price. For the first time ever, home security really feels like home.
This key leadership position in the SimpliSafe contact center is responsible for leading all efforts around training and evaluation, learning and development, instructional design and knowledge base management.
The Director will lead two distinct teams – the first team focused on training, content delivery and coaching efforts across multiple sites and disciplines. The second team focused on content design and evaluation, including instructional design, knowledge base management and learning evaluation.
The position provides the candidate with an incredible opportunity to build out this team into a strategically critical part of the contact center organization, and make a huge impact on the overall success of SimpliSafe, setting us up for future growth!
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS and RESPONSIBILITIES
• Ensures consistency in the delivery and application of training standards across the business and oversees the planning, prioritization and development of new training programs and initiatives that are consistent with the businesses’ overall strategy, objectives and needs.
• Manage, Coach and develop Training Consultants/Specialists.
• Leads the development, implementation and revisions of training, performance coaching and quality programs that address knowledge gaps for existing staff or serve to onboard and support new staff including training curriculum and methodology, workflows, policies, procedures, job aids, scripting and collateral material.
• Evaluates Training, Performance Coaching and QA programs and activities to determine the effectiveness of the trainers, course material and delivery methodologies and implements enhancements of established training and QA standards and performance metrics as appropriate.
• Responsible for maintenance and enhancement of existing knowledge base system and tools to foster effective utilization by contact center reps across sites and lines of business.
• Bachelor’s degree in Training & Development, Human Resources, Business Administration, or business experience directly related to job responsibilities and qualifications.
• 7+ years of leadership/professional training experience required.
• Practiced in training methodologies, adult learning theory and evaluation processes, alternate learning formats/ media and training design delivery methodologies.
• Contact center knowledge and quality improvement concepts, practices and procedures is required.
Skills & Knowledge
• Effective collaborative and proven process improvement skills.
• Exceptional oral and written communication skills.
• Ability to interact within all levels of the organization.
• A strong working knowledge of Microsoft Office products.
• Demonstrated ability to successfully plan, organize and manage projects.
• Detail oriented, excellent proof reading and editing skills.
• Demonstrated results in building teams and coaching techniques.
• Demonstrated leadership skills in managing collaborative business teams and leading by influence
• Proven management/leadership skills
• Excellent oral and written communication skills, including presentation skills