SimpliSafe is seeking a summer intern to help drive the development and manufacturing for our award-winning wireless/IoT home security system. In this role, you will be a core member of the team creating, managing and improving our existing internal processes for the future of our manufacturing operations.
What You'll Do
- Perform or lead special projects for manufacturing operations team and ad-hoc reporting as required.
- Help scope and implement cost accounting initiatives such as standard costing, PPV (Purchase Price Variance), and PP&E (Plant, Property, and Equipment) depreciation schedules.
- Help structure and build budgets for NPI programs (New Product Introduction).
- Be a key contributor to S&OP process improvements across supply planning, demand planning, and inventory management.
- Assist in modeling manufacturing value added (MVA) cost and target cost for existing and future hardware products.
- Help maintain costed bill of materials to support the implementation of Product Lifecycle Management tool.
What You'll Bring
Desired Skills and Experience:
- Enjoy working in a highly collaborative, dynamic, cross-functional environment.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Enthusiastic and motivated with the ability to build relationships.
- Willingness to learn, be mentored, and improve.
- Ability to manage multiple projects and initiatives.
- You have a knack for and interest in learning new enterprise software programs (e.g., Propel).
- Familiarity with structured query languages, and object-oriented programming languages is a plus (e.g. MySQL, Python) for building API connections, task automation, and data aggregation.
- Proficiency with large datasets, Microsoft Excel, PowerPoint, and Google G Suite.
- Have an interest in a Corporate Finance or Operations career.
- Candidate must be a recent graduate or pursuing a Bachelor’s or Master’s degree.
- A GPA of 3.0 (cumulative) or higher is preferred.
Perks of Interning at SimpliSafe
You can look forward to weekly Bagel Thursdays, bi-weekly lunches, kitchens stocked with healthy snacks and plant-based milks, team and company outings, an office in the heart of downtown Boston, and networking opportunities with your fellow interns!