Being safe should be simple. And it is for more than 3 million people, thanks to SimpliSafe. Over the last decade, we’ve transformed home security from an outdated, intimidating industry to something smart, radically approachable and impeccably engineered. We’ve taken on the entrenched industry giants, and we’re winning. CNET named SimpliSafe their Editors’ Choice. And PC Magazine awarded us both Editors’ Choice and Readers’ Choice.
Even as the fastest-growing security company in the country, we retain our small-company ethos: no-ego, hard-working collaborative teams tackling complex projects head-on. We strive to create an inspiring and innovative workplace, and it hasn’t gone unnoticed. SimpliSafe recently landed on both Built In Boston’s “Best Places to Work in 2019” and Wealthfront’s “2019 Career Launching Companies” lists.
We believe home should be safe. For everyone. And we have the big ideas and brilliant minds to make it happen. We’re changing how people think of home security, one home at a time. We’re revolutionizing an outdated industry that alienated homeowners with contracts that value profit over protection. And we’re proving that, yes, you can get extraordinary home security at an extraordinarily fair and honest price. For the first time ever, home security really feels like home.
This is a leadership opportunity to accelerate the scaling of SimpliSafe’s contact center capabilities covering services (account, technical, billing) sales (telesales, activation, upselling) and retention.
A newly created role, this new leader will manage a brand new 500 seat contact center that we are opening in Richmond, VA. This is an incredibly unique and exciting opportunity to build a brand new center from the ground up and put your mark on all aspects of operations, while fostering the innovative and collaborative SimpliSafe culture.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS and RESPONSIBILITIES
- Leads both strategy and execution for the Richmond contact center operation across services and sales to achieve operational excellence
- Develops and executes key initiatives and procedures that have best practice impact in reducing customer effort, enhancing customer experience, improving services and sales handling processes, and meeting business priorities successfully; partners with internal stakeholders to ensure overall alignment for services and sales are delivered
- Directs/executes approved strategy decisions; establishes and implements priorities, performance goals, and objectives to ensure departmental
- Drives high quality results through continuous improvement by leading, inspiring, and motivating colleagues to deliver exceptional service outcomes (quantitative and qualitative) to internal and external customers
- Provides leadership to the team and invests in coaching, developing, training and guiding team members in their succession paths.
- Ensures appropriate technologies are explored and proposed as appropriate to position; collaborates in implementation and adoption of tools/technologies.
- Establishes relationships with customers as directed by customer services team when conditions warrant executive
- Develops direct reports who understand and articulate customer needs, processes, and practices of the business, and delivers key performance indicator (KPI) outcomes consistent with expectations of the business.
- Builds on existing relationships, establishes environment of trust, and inspires teamwork to encourage skill building and guide the call center’s direction of travel.
- Partners with peer stakeholder leaders in product, marketing, finance, and strategy for collaboration on new, key initiative considerations.
- Delivers well-structured and impactful business reports and presentations to senior and executive leadership internally and customer leadership/decision
- Develops and implements annual budget, business plan, goals and objectives; manages expenses within established budgetary
- Drives alignment with other US contact centers to ensure consistency of service across the organization
- Supports the organization's quality program(s), recruiting and people strategies, and ongoing skill development / performance management.
- Travel as required, up to 10%.
- Administers company personnel policies in all areas and follows company staffing standards and training
- Interviews, hires and establishes colleague performance development plans; conducts colleague performance
- Provides support, guidance, leadership and motivation to promote maximum
- Plans for staffing needs including succession, bench-strength, and new
- Bachelor's degree from an accredited college or university
- Five (5) years of contact center and customer service related leadership experience
- Ten (10) years of comparable work experience in a leadership role with proven experience as a change agent or equivalent combination of education and experience
- Eligible for certification as an electronic security employee, which requires submitting your fingerprints to the Virginia Department of Criminal Justice Services (DCJS) for use in conducting a national criminal records search and a Virginia criminal history search and final certification approval from DCJS.
Skills & Knowledge
- Demonstrated leadership skills in managing collaborative business teams and leading by influence
- PC literate, including Microsoft Office products
- Analytical and interpretive skills
- Ability to drive performance targets to completion
- Strong organizational skills
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Proven management/leadership skills
- Excellent negotiating skills
- Expert knowledge of current contact center trends and operations
- Proficiency in current technology tools for contact center management, reporting tools, common office applications, and presentation software is a plus
- Excellent oral and written communication skills, including presentation skills
- Ability to create and complete comprehensive, accurate and constructive written reports
- Ability to work in a team environment
- Ability to meet or exceed Performance Competencies