SimpliSafe is looking for a Staff level Systems/Electrical Engineer to join our core alarm and sensors team. We are a technology start-up growing in the heart of Boston, but with a global footprint. We design, manufacture, and sell a line of wireless home security systems. Our technology and service platform is giving millions of Americans the ability to protect their homes and families without the hassles, contracts and fees charged by traditional home security.
- Enjoy working in a highly collaborative environment.
- Comfortable with interpreting requirements from multiple individuals into a workable concept and handling transition to prototype and mass-production stages.
- Ability to communicate effectively (written and verbally).
- Propose innovative hardware/software solutions pertaining to reliability and cost reduction.
- Ready to lead efforts and mentor other hardware engineers.
- BSEE or equivalent with > 10 years of experience. MSEE is a plus.
- Familiar with power electronics concepts - including linear regulators, DC/DC supplies, and power transistors/MOSFETs.
- Familiar with RF design concepts - including antenna matching, filtering, noise reduction, and test equipment (VNA, spectrum analyzer).
- Knowledge of thermodynamics as it applies to an EE role - heatsinking, transistor stress, IC package selection.
- Knowledge of basic principles of EMI and various techniques used to reduce unwanted emissions.
- Schematic capture and PCB layout, experience with Altium is a plus.
- Optimizing designs for very low power usage (frequently < 1uA).
- Some familiarity with RF design and test equipment (VNA, spectrum analyzer)
- Experience with embedded firmware.
- Experience in product development.
- Ability to write scripts and other support software to verify designs.
- Comfortable using UART, SPI, I2C, USB, Ethernet and Bluetooth.
- Knowledge of high-speed rules, PCB stackups up to 8 layers, and layout rules to mitigate EMI. Some previous experience with LGAs or BGAs.