Early in 2019 SimpliSafe launched our first overseas office in the UK. As part of that endeavor we are looking to build a team across a multitude of disciplines; call centre, marketing, commercial and other support departments. With this growth we also need developer support to handle the current and future technology needs across the location.
Our goal is to deliver the same success that we have seen in the US in the UK. On our journey towards that goal we are looking to leverage the learnings we’ve had from our work in the US to accelerate our growth, and to deliver to our customers excellent products wrapped up with best in class service.
SimpliSafe is looking for a talented Solutions Engineer with a wide breadth of technical expertise to join our small, entrepreneurial, and fast growing team in Manchester, England. You'll work closely with our teams in the US (Boston, MA) to make the UK office a success.
This is the first role of its kind and you’ll be tackling any number of technical challenges in any array of complexity and domains - so be prepared for anything...
Teams and Tech:
- We have a product built on the full engineering stack - from bare metal, to firmware, to back-end services, to the front-end (web and mobile apps)
- We have an E-commerce platform, CRM system, and fulfillment software
- We have an office with IT and networking needs, and our customer support agents are taking calls (VoIP) all the time
… any and every one of these areas will need your attention. You will be successful in this role if you are self-directed and can communicate and collaborate well with our engineering team headquartered in Boston, MA, USA.
This is a tremendous opportunity to join a start-up atmosphere and help keep everything running - and I mean everything.
If you have a passion for technical complexity and love to solve problems creatively and pragmatically, this is a perfect role for you. You will be integral in making sure our first overseas office is a success.
Our Ideal candidate will have:
- An extremely wide and ever expanding technical skillset
- Excellent analytical and troubleshooting skills
- Brilliant communication skills
- The ability to triage, and to re-prioritize on the fly
- Good grasp of fundamental technology concepts - networking (ethernet, wifi), cloud computing (AWS), programming (scripting, formal languages)
- A positive, collaborative, thoughtful, and friendly approach to technical problems - both big (complete system outages) and small (individual user errors)
- Enthusiasm to learn and grow and build together
- Self-direction and a proactive approach to problems
- 2+ years in a software environment
Last, but not least, we want smart, positive engineers who are collaborative and pragmatic. If you don’t think you have all the skills above, no problem, submit your resume anyway and we’ll see if there is a fit.
- Beer Fridays, Team Dinners and Team & Company Outings – We know how to have fun!
- A startup mentality with the security of a successful brand and strong investors
- A no ego culture focused on the best idea wins mentality