Chief of Staff
We are looking for a Chief of Staff to support the CMO at SimpliSafe. The ideal candidate is just as strong at analytics as s/he is at influencing senior leaders. This role will be responsible for running the operating system for the CMO's organization as well as driving strategic initiatives. In this highly visible role, it is equally important that this person be a strong individual contributor as much as a team player. S/he must be able to work collaboratively with cross functional departments, the executive leadership team and the Hellman & Friedman portfolio team to guide project execution, reduce obstacles to completion, and ensure initiatives meet committed timelines.
What will you do?
- Manage the CMO's operating system and ensure it is in accordance with the company's operating system
- Facilitate effective use of functional meetings such as monthly reviews, all hands, and off sites
- Manage the flow of information within the CMO's organization
- Identify ways to improve the team's operational workflow and drive process improvements
- Attend meetings and participate in projects with, or on behalf of, the CMO
- Act as the bridge for smooth communication between the CMO and leaders across the organization, building relationships crucial to effective collaboration across the company
- Provide ad-hoc support on projects small to large; this could include research, internal initiatives, new expansion explorations, presentations and more.
You are excited to join SimpliSafe’s collaborative, no-ego approach to getting work done. You are a creative, out-of-the-box thinker who is intellectually curious with a demonstrated interest in learning. You’re a self-motivated, high-energy individual who can easily function in a high demand, performance-driven environment.
- Strong desire to focus on analytical insights and answers to tough problems
- Strong communications skills, as well as, change management and stakeholder management skills
- Growth mindset: you seek out learning opportunities for yourself
- Ability to work both independently with minimal guidance and cross functionally with various teams
- Experience in structuring and executing complex analyses to support strategy in a fast-paced, evolving environment.
- Strong Quantitative and analytical skills; including experience with query and data visualization tools
- 8+ years of experience in consulting / business intelligence / strategy / high-growth operations or startup experience
- Advanced degree MBA preferred