SimpliSafe is a growing home technology company in Boston on a mission to Make Every Home Secure. We operate a fast growing partnerships practice working with top-tier organizations like United Airlines, Amazon Alexa, and American Express. We are seeking an experienced and entrepreneurial business development pro to help fuel the growth of our partner portfolio and join us in disrupting the $13B home security industry.
About the opportunity: It’s rare to have a chance to be both entrepreneurial and work for a highly successful business. True to the company’s entrepreneurial roots, the partnerships team was created to find additional paths for customer acquisition, and it’s growing. You have a chance to both help us scale our existing partnerships business and to pilot and test partnerships in new unexplored verticals.
Reporting to the head of partnerships, the business development manager will identify new potential partner verticals and develop and execute strategy around how to structure and source relationships that enhance SimpliSafe’s customer acquisition efforts. We are looking for someone with strong critical thinking skills who can effectively work with external teams.
This role is perfect for a self-starter who can be resilient in pursuit of meeting goals. You should relish the opportunity to build new business cases and roll-up your sleeves to secure new partnerships. This team moves fast and is always hustling so you will need to be able to effortlessly navigate several projects at the same time. Perhaps more importantly, we are seeking a creative thinker, who can craft innovative partnership programs aimed at creating more market value for all (1+1=5).
In addition, you will:
- Formulate partner strategy in new verticals that SimpliSafe has never piloted
- Drive the business development lifecycle from the initial idea to finalizing a partner relationship
- Be a relationship builder with folks across multiple levels of our partner organizations
- Partner with our legal team on the negotiation and execution of contracts
- Collaborate with internal product and operations team to vet and implement new partner concepts
- 5+ years of business development experience, preferably in technology and/or consumer businesses
- Experience building and maintaining significant business relationships
- Highly organized, with the ability to prioritize competing projects
- Strong analytical and quantitative skills
- Ability to influence stakeholders and decision makers
- MBA preferred