Simon Data was founded in 2015 by a team of successful serial entrepreneurs with a passion for transforming data to drive real-world results. We are building a best-in-class enterprise Customer Data Platform that empowers marketers to create personalized data-driven experiences for the customers. We’re scrappy problem solvers who believe in tackling big challenges with disruptive thinking and giving our customers the support they need to deliver great next-generation experiences at scale.
At Simon, we firmly believe that business success starts and ends with people. We all do our best work when we are surrounded by other friendly top performers who want to succeed together. This attitude is core to our values. When you trust your team, invest in their development, and give them ownership, great things happen.
We are seeking a highly motivated and results-oriented Solution Engineer to join our pre-sales team. As a Solution Engineer at Simon Data, you will be responsible for driving revenue growth by working closely with potential clients, understanding their needs, their architecture and driving the technical solutioning.
This role requires a strong work ethic, excellent technical solutioning and demoing skills, teamwork, and the ability to build and maintain relationships with key technical stakeholders.
What You’ll Do
- You will be working with prospects to understand their key business objectives, key pain points, use cases, and their architecture/ecosystem
- Help them understand the Simon Platform - what it does, how it works, why it's differentiated and why it is important to brands
- Help them understand how Simon will fit within their technical ecosystem to unlock their key use cases
- Build custom demonstration and proof of concept materials to win over technology executives and improve likelihood of conversion.
- Serve as a trusted advisor on both marketing engagement and customer experience platforms.
- Partner with the Customer Success and Product teams to ensure customers thrive while leveraging the platform.
- Work closely with the Partner team to enable and recruit both technology and agency partners.
- Collaborate with Simon Product leadership on current customer requests and help define the overall product roadmap
- Create videos, webinars, and visual assets for both marketing and sales collateral
- 5+ years of professional sales engineering or solutions engineering experience
- Experience working for a B2B SaaS company; MarTech highly preferred
- Bachelor's degree (technical degree a plus)
- Ability to strategically partner and solution with both marketing and technical stakeholders
- Experience thinking through complex data models and mapping business requirements to technical requirements
- SQL experience or similar relevant programming languages
- A strategic problem solver who's passionate about results and is able to succeed in an unstructured and fast-paced environment
- Thoughtful, curious and a problem solver
- Experience as a top performer in previous roles
- Superior emotional intelligence and interpersonal skills
- Ability to work independently to deliver outcomes, and collaborate with and across teams
- Strong presentation skills and the ability to think on your feet
What We Offer
- 100% coverage of medical premiums for employee AND family
- Flexible PTO
- Generous Maternity and Paternity Leave
- Remote work, quarterly wellness, and client support stipends
- Professional Development stipend
In compliance with the state and city salary transparency requirements, the potential base salary for this position is from $100,000 to $150,000 which represents a range commensurate with experience.
Visa sponsorship for this role is currently not available.
We’re proud to be an equal opportunity employer open to all qualified applicants regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity or expression, Veteran status, or any other legally protected status.
We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request accommodation.