Simon Data was founded in 2015 by a team of successful serial entrepreneurs. We are an enterprise customer data platform that empowers marketers to create personalized data-driven experiences for the customers. We’re scrappy problem solvers who believe in tackling big challenges with disruptive thinking and giving our customers the support they need to deliver great next-generation experiences at scale.
Simon Data is a data-first customer experience orchestration platform, designed to disrupt the marketing technology and marketing cloud category. Simon’s platform empowers businesses to use enterprise-scale data and machine learning to power customer communications across every channel. Our unique approach allows brands to develop one-to-one relationships with their customers without building a bespoke in-house data infrastructure.
At Simon, we firmly believe that business success starts and ends with people. We all do our best work when we are surrounded by other friendly top performers who want to succeed together. This attitude is core to our values. When you trust your team, invest in their development, and give them ownership, great things happen.
Do you enjoy figuring out how everything is related and working as it should? As a member of our Technical Support team, you will help sort and resolve issues that impact reliability and speed of our product. You’ll recognize and prioritize trends in customer issues and help create processes to address them. You will grow to be a resource across the company as you deepen your knowledge of the engine that runs Simon Data. You will partner with our CS, PM, and Engineering teams to quickly navigate tricky requests and customer issues.
What you’ll do
- Work through and own escalated technical questions and issues to address and answer questions, train others, update the knowledge base, and identify remediation steps
- Track and report on issue types recommending product and process improvements
- Partner with Client Solutions, Product Management, and Engineers to help identify improvement areas
- Take part in a 24/7 on call process to ensure our systems are operating as expected and escalation paths are followed if needed
- Ability to troubleshoot technical problems using SQL, reading Python, and debugging Jinja
- Ability to read and comprehend code (preferably python) to troubleshoot and recommend fixes
- Strong communication skills
- A passion for working with data
- Thoughtful, curious and a problem solver
- Personable, collaborative, and a sense of humor
- Previous background as an engineer a plus
We’re proud to be an equal opportunity employer open to all qualified applicants regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity or expression, Veteran status, or any other legally protected status.
We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request accommodation.