Simon Data was founded in 2015 by a team of successful serial entrepreneurs. We are an enterprise customer data platform that empowers marketers to create personalized data-driven experiences for the customers. We’re scrappy problem solvers who believe in tackling big challenges with disruptive thinking and giving our customers the support they need to deliver great next-generation experiences at scale.
Simon Data is a data-first customer experience orchestration platform, designed to disrupt the marketing technology and marketing cloud category. Simon’s platform empowers businesses to use enterprise-scale data and machine learning to power customer communications across every channel. Our unique approach allows brands to develop one-to-one relationships with their customers without building a bespoke in-house data infrastructure.
At Simon, we firmly believe that business success starts and ends with people. We all do our best work when we are surrounded by other friendly top performers who want to succeed together. This attitude is core to our values. When you trust your team, invest in their development, and give them ownership, great things happen.
Do you enjoy creating vibrant web applications to help users easily navigate their daily roles? As a Senior Full Stack Engineer at Simon, you will be collaborating with hard working engineers every single day. Our full-stack engineers are responsible for our entire web application, our substantial data platform, and our API services. Our clients rely on Simon to engage with hundreds of millions of customers -- sending billions of messages. Successful engineers have a readiness to seek sophisticated problems; build fault-tolerant, highly available systems; and adapt as our business continues to scale.
What You’ll Do
- Write code to push our Django application to its limits and design new architecture to scale it to ten times the traffic
- Use React to apply a user-friendly interface for the underlying application logic
- Develop code modules that elegantly scale to power projects like joining distributed identity events or deftly delivering millions of deeply personalized messages in minutes!
- Have the opportunity to contribute to the evolution of our front-end stack onto the newest tech (TypeScript, GraphQL)
- Own real-time marketing integration from end-user action to third-party engagement like Push Notification, Email, and In-app Messaging with any provider
- You’ll participate in team-wide discussions ranging from architecture to developer efficiency to security to the best IDE
- Become a technical brand-ambassador through contributing to Open Source Software and promoting and sharing at conferences locally and nationwide
- Participate in our mentorship program, whether that’s helping your coworkers expand their skill set or learning from them to expand your own
- You understand the power of Python and how to wield it to derive outstanding solutions
- Minimum of 4 years of software development experience crafting, deploying and owning several substantive projects with company-wide impact
- Demonstrated ability working with various functional owners in your company (spanning product management and program management, as well as Dev/Tech Ops)
- Proficiency with at least one mainstream programming language (Python, Java, Scala, Ruby, etc.) and Front-end frameworks like React
- Value rapid iteration versus extended debate
Visa sponsorship for this role is currently not available.
We’re proud to be an equal opportunity employer open to all qualified applicants regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity or expression, Veteran status, or any other legally protected status.
We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request accommodation.