Simon Data was founded in 2015 by a team of successful serial entrepreneurs. We're a data-first marketing platform startup, and we approach our work seriously; we tackle problems in a scrappy and disruptive fashion, yet we build for scale to support our clients at big data volume.
Our culture is rooted in organizational transparency, empowering individuals, and an attitude of getting things done. If you want to be a valuable contributor on a team that champions these core values we would love to hear from you.
Simon engineering was founded with a strong DevOps foundation, and we have a world class team of ops-savvy engineers today. We’re looking to grow our DevOps expertise by hiring another Devops Engineer, who’ll help us build world class infrastructure tooling to assist our developers in building, deploying, and operating large scale systems at Simon.
Your typical day will consist of anything from writing code to improve the reliability of our systems to working on infrastructure tooling like Terraform and Ansible to maintain and scale various data clusters and event processing pipelines. We take ownership seriously at Simon and you’ll have the opportunity to propose, and lead, building and delivering world class services at Simon.
What You’ll Do
- Be intimately involved with our sprint teams (4), integrations team (1), infrastructure team (1), and security team (1) to foster a culture of DevOps and provide review and insight from a DevOps perspective
- Strengthen and help maintain our build, deployment, and monitoring ecosystem at Simon
- Work closely with the rest of the business to help build tooling and systems to allow us to interface and integrate tightly with our customers
- Scale big data clusters and help build improved tooling to continue doing this as our scale continues to skyrocket
- Shape the future of our cloud infrastructure, and deeply engage with our security team to help build security automation and tooling into our cloud architecture
- Help with performance engineering across our stack, you’ll learn how to wield FlameGraphs and APM tracing to identify and improve performance hotspots
- Take responsibility for maintaining Simon’s superior uptime and SLAs around availability, throughput, and low latency
- Participate in our on-call rotation (all the other engineers participate too, there’s no “throwing responsibility over the wall” at Simon) and help us keep Simon operating
- Minimum 3 years of experience
- Strong sense of empathy for the experiences and challenges of developers
- Direct experience with DevOps in AWS
- Experience with continuous integration, continuous deployment, Slack ops, application performance measurement, and alerting systems
- Experience with at least one programming language (Python preferred)
- Strong verbal and written communication
- Desire to eventually lead and own areas of our infrastructure
We’re proud to be an equal opportunity employer open to all qualified applicants regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity or expression, Veteran status, or any other legally protected status.