Simon Data was founded in 2015 by a team of successful serial entrepreneurs. We're a data-first marketing platform startup, and we approach our work seriously; we tackle problems in a scrappy and disruptive fashion, yet we build for scale to support our clients at big data volume.
We are the first and only enterprise customer data platform with a fully-integrated marketing cloud. Moving beyond the limitations of both categories, Simon’s platform empowers businesses to leverage enterprise-scale big data and machine learning to power customer communications in any channel. Simon’s unique approach allows brands to develop incredible personalization capabilities without needing to build and maintain massive bespoke data infrastructure.
Our culture is rooted in organizational transparency, empowering individuals, and an attitude of getting things done. If you want to be a valuable contributor on a team that cultivates these core values we would love to hear from you.
You’ll work on automating, performance tuning and managing core technologies to the Simon Data ecosystem. We have a number of scale challenges which require sophisticated instrumentation and profiling in order to achieve the level of efficiency required to support our data throughput and processing requirements. Our ecosystem is in a constant state of iteration, and solutions which were appropriate at one stage and featureset of our platform may need assessment and re-implementation depending on current needs. We’re looking for people who have experience managing and hardening distributed systems with an eye towards performance.
WHAT YOU’LL DO
- Build out new parts of the Simon Data ecosystem to address ever-changing requirements of scale
- Manage and performance tune our internally managed technologies like Elasticsearch
- Profile and debug AWS services and define performant usage patterns
- Help enhance the ability of our engineering organization by evangelizing performance and system engineering best practices.
- Help build out the next generation of our infrastructure to be self-healing and elastically scalable.
- Help establish direction of infrastructure evolution, attempting to find incremental and order of magnitude efficiencies
- Level up our operational tool chain
- Collaborate with an engineering team who is passionate about quality, staying ahead of the curve, and teamwork
- 5+ years production-level systems engineering experience
- You have a deep comfort and fluency with at least one mainstream programming language (Python, Java, Scala, C#, Ruby, etc.) and familiarity with system management tools (bash, awk, sed, dstat, sar, strace, etc.)
- Experience designing & supporting large infrastructures and/or distributed systems
- Openness to learn & collaborate
- Demonstrated history of execution and delivery
- Capability to clearly, effectively, and professionally communicate
We’re proud to be an equal opportunity employer open to all qualified applicants regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity or expression, Veteran status, or any other legally protected status.