Simon Data was founded in 2015 by a team of successful serial entrepreneurs. We're a data-first marketing platform startup, and we approach our work seriously; we tackle problems in a scrappy and disruptive fashion, yet we build for scale to support our clients at big data volume.
We are the first and only enterprise customer data platform with a fully-integrated marketing cloud. Moving beyond the limitations of both categories, Simon’s platform empowers businesses to leverage enterprise-scale big data and machine learning to power customer communications in any channel. Simon’s unique approach allows brands to develop incredible personalization capabilities without needing to build and maintain massive bespoke data infrastructure.
Our culture is rooted in organizational transparency, empowering individuals, and an attitude of getting things done. If you want to be a valuable contributor on a team that cultivates these core values we would love to hear from you.
As a Security Engineer at Simon, you will be contributing to building a security program that helps our customers garner trust in the Simon platform and the data they provide to us, petabyte scale and international reach. Security is a fundamental property of the success we’ve had in the market and will only become more important as we scale into international markets and deepen our experience with large enterprise customers. We take an approach to security that is data-driven and requires engineers with a mindset around measurement and principled decision making when it comes to risk. The systems that we deploy, security activities we do, and business processes we implement all generate data that is important to the continuous improvement of security at Simon. As a part of this team you’ll be helping to build a security program and brand that empowers Simon and its customers.
WHAT YOU’LL DO
- Contribute to the design, development and operation of core services that support security, engineering, and operations across Simon
- Collaborate with engineering to build scalable security capabilities such as threat modeling, code review, control design, and CI-instrumented testing
- Mentor members of engineering teams across Simon on security principles in support of Simon’s security champions program
- Plan, design, and develop new features for Simon’s industry-leading marketing cloud that enable customers to better protect and manage their data
- Engage with the security team and company leadership to craft policy and implement processes that empower while protecting
- Work across engineering and product teams who are passionate about quality, staying ahead of the curve, and teamwork
- Actively engage with the development of the Simon engineering brand through open source contributions, conference talks, and blog posts
- 3-5 years of experience with a clear understanding of industry best practices and a demonstrated ability to think quantitatively about risk
- Leadership and communication skills that enable you to bridge the gap between security and other parts of the organization and work indirectly with non-security stakeholders to get things done
- Experience writing and reviewing code, with the ability to think holistically about how code fits into a broader architecture/system
- Proficiency in deploying and hardening Linux-based systems, ideally with automated provisioning and configuration management tooling
- A collaborative, teamwork centric mindset that is more interested in a positive team culture and learning over sponsorship of a particular idea
TECHNOLOGIES USED AT SIMON
- Cloud: EC2, S3, SQS, RedShift, EMR, RDS, ELB, AWS VPCs and networking, etc
- Operating systems: CentOS Linux, MacOS
- Orchestration framework: Chef, Packer, Jenkins
Visa sponsorship for this role is currently not available
We’re proud to be an equal opportunity employer open to all qualified applicants regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity or expression, Veteran status, or any other legally protected status.