We are seeking an experienced back-end engineer who has a track record of building innovative and highly-scalable products. We are looking for someone who is passionate about designing and building world class services. You will be working on one of the teams within the Integration & Growth group as a senior software engineer, whose primary responsibility will be to understand key system requirements, design solutions, and work with other engineers and managers to lay out the work.
Integration & Growth group designs and develops our core API platform, which helps eCommerce retailers proactively block emerging fraud trends while instantly recognizing and streamlining legitimate customers through the path to purchase.
- Design, build, and deliver large-scale and real-time systems with high quality, scalability and operability in mind
- Collaborate with product management, data science, and other engineering teams to bring end-to-end solutions with the highest business value to our customers
- Review and provide feedback on technical designs and code changes to engineering peers
- Proactively identify areas of technical debt and propose solutions to address them
- Take operational ownership of the system by using monitoring and observability tools to identify and respond to issues
- Mentor and coach team members to raise the technical bar on the team
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent practical experience.
- 4+ years of experience in software development with modern programming languages, preferably a functional programming language.
- 1+ year of experience with software design and architecture
- Experience with design for scalability, performance and reliability
- Ability to effectively communicate with engineers and non-engineers alike
- Experience with building distributed systems and/or machine learning products
- Experience with cloud platforms is highly desired
Our stack includes:
- Java, Python, Typescript, and Scala
- gRPC, HTTP/REST
- Kubernetes, Docker, Spark, Linux
- ElasticSearch, Kinesis, Cassandra, MySQL
- AWS (including Kinesis, RedShift, Dynamo), GCP
Benefits in our US offices:
- 4-day workweek
- Discretionary Time Off Policy (Unlimited!)
- 401K Match
- Stock Options
- Annual Performance Bonus or Commissions
- Paid Parental Leave (12 weeks)
- On-Demand Therapy for all employees & their dependents
- Dedicated learning budget through Learnerbly
- Health Insurance
- Dental Insurance
- Vision Insurance
- Flexible Spending Account (FSA)
- Short Term and Long Term Disability Insurance
- Life Insurance
- Company Social Events
- Signifyd Swag
We want to provide an inclusive interview experience for all, including people with disabilities. We are happy to provide reasonable accommodations to candidates in need of individualized support during the hiring process.
Signifyd provides a base salary, bonus, equity and benefits to all its employees. Our posted job may span more than one career level, and offered level and salary will be determined by the applicant’s specific experience, knowledge, skills, and abilities, as well as internal equity and alignment with market data.