Do you love being tactical in your approach to design? Are you always thinking of new ways to make things better? Then you might be the perfect fit for our freelance Production Designer role with Signifyd Brand and Marketing team. In this role, you'll be responsible for producing a variety of marketing assets and deliverables, and we’re looking for the following qualifications:
- You are an agile team player who enjoys collaborating with a high-performing group.
- You are a self-motivated and positive person that collaborates well with others, and a fast learner that enjoys working in a dynamic environment, ready to take on exciting new challenges.
- You are creative, resourceful, and dedicated to fully understanding the problem before reaching a solution.
- You have a desire to push the boundaries of how a brand shows up in the world.
- You have the ability to give and receive constructive feedback.
What you’ll be doing
- Work directly with the design and web dev team to produce marketing deliverables in a variety of languages
- Prepare final press-ready files based on supplied specifications for several types of printing
- Make various formats of supplied artwork production-ready and resolve any artwork issues that arise during production
- Package and preflight files for release to printers or media partners
- Create PDFs for review and print
- Conduct press checks
- Prepare images for online and mobile applications
- Catalog and reference art for future projects
- Help maintain assets in our DAM
- Follow a development timeline to ensure tasks are being completed on time
- Troubleshoot problems as they arise with both the creative team and the printer
- Assisting design teams in producing print, packaging, advertising, and digital graphics
- Help maintain a consistent brand image and identity across all company materials, on all projects and design resources.
- Passion and ability for branding and visual identity systems —support our visual identity system that scales across channels, mediums, geographies, and languages to accompany our brand as we expand internationally.
Collaboration & asset management:
- Collaborate with the design team and developers to create assets that support external and internal stakeholders in marketing, sales, product, customer success, HR, leadership, engineering, etc.
- Keep assets up to date, organized, and easily accessible for others to use on-demand via a DAM system.
- BA Degree in Graphic Design or directly related field of study.
- 3+ years of professional experience as a production designer.
- Compelling portfolio of work over a wide range of creative projects
- Experience designing across mediums.
- Solid knowledge of the latest design tools including Adobe Creative Cloud. Knowledge of Figma and Google Suite is a plus.
- Excellent visual, verbal, and written communication skills.
- Ability to work quickly and efficiently without sacrificing quality & a consistently high level of attention to detail.
- Strategic thinking and passion for storytelling.
- Digital design and marketing fluency, along with mad print skills.
Nice to haves:
- Experience working across functional teams (engineering, product, marketing, customer success, and more).
- Experience following processes and procedures that allow an organization to scale.
- A desire to learn new tools and techniques and share them with the team.
- The constant drive to stay up-to-date with the latest industry news and developments.
- Knowledge of HTML and CSS.
- Experience with B2B, and more specifically ecommerce.