We are growing the UX, Design & Research team! We’re looking for a Product Designer who has the curiosity to get to know our users and the creativity to design world-class user experiences. You will be joining a multi-disciplinary team whose shared mission is to make data analytics highly usable and easily accessible to non-technical users.
What You Will Be Doing:
- You’ll be collaborating with experienced, talented, down to earth, design-obsessed people who iterate, learn, grow, and ship value to customers together
- You'll be responsible for substantial pieces of our product’s design from concept to release
- You’ll delight business users with simple, elegant designs as they explore data and generate insights
- You’ll collaborate with our product management, research, customer success, and support teams, actively seek user product feedback to advance our solutions and improve product adoption and utilization
Qualifications We Need:
- 2+ years experience working as an information architect, user experience designer, interaction designer, or product designer
- Able to work autonomously and lead moderately complex design projects
- Experience working collaboratively in a rapid, iterative manner
- Demonstrable ability to think about entire systems, with the vision to design the big picture, and the tactical ability to break it down so that engineering can succeed in building it incrementally
- Strong facilitation, communication, and presentation skills; demonstrating the ability to clearly explain design decisions to anyone in the company
- Strong portfolio showcasing product design work
- Your portfolio must contain designs that have been released commercially
- Your portfolio must demonstrate system-wide thinking, breadth, and depth in ux and interaction design skills
- Your portfolio must describe your design process and show examples of the progressive evolution of your designs. We’re interested in use cases that inform us of the business problem you were trying to solve, the constraints and assumptions you needed to work within, where the design started and your significant iterations leading to the final design
- Your portfolio should inform us of how your designs furthered company objectives while at the same time meeting user needs
- If your portfolio is password protected, please include it in order for us to consider your application.
Additional Job details
The base salary range for this position is $110k - $170k annually.
Compensation may vary outside of this range depending on a number of factors, including a candidate’s qualifications, skills, competencies and experience. Base pay is one part of the Total Package that is provided to compensate and recognize employees for their work at Sigma Computing. This role is eligible for stock options, as well as a comprehensive benefits package.
Note: The world around us is changing, but we at Sigma Computing are growing and scaling. We raised our Series C in Dec 2021. With that, and us being able to 3X our revenue year on year, hiring and building out the best version of our product is priority. That is why we want to talk to you.
At Sigma Computing, our mission is to empower everyone to make the best possible decisions at every turn by removing the barriers that prevent people from analyzing data across sources and delivering the full spectrum of self-service cloud analytics and business intelligence.
We raised a $300M Series C from Co-Leads D1 Capital Partners and XN, Existing Investors Sutter Hill Ventures and Altimeter Capital, and Snowflake Ventures.
Come join us to help us be smarter and grow together!
Benefits For Our Full-Time Employees:
- Generous health benefits
- Flexible time off policy. Take the time off you need!
- Flexible schedule, do the work you need to get done in the time you have to get it done
- At least 12 weeks of paid bonding time for all new parents
- Traditional and Roth 401k
- Commuter and FSA benefits
Sigma Computing is an equal opportunity employer. We are committed to building a smart and strong team regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender, gender identity or expression, or veteran status. We look forward to learning how your experience can enable all of us to grow.
Note: We have a hybrid work environment in both of our SF & newly opened NYC office.