Sigma’s vision is to create an insight-driven world where people, organizations, and, ultimately, humanity are transformed for the better by data. At Sigma, we are building a cloud-native business intelligence platform that allows users to tap into their biggest databases hosted in the cloud and easily conduct analysis and graph data. All without any programming involved. We are seeking a Director of Product Management to drive our BI product roadmap. This role focuses on managing all product activities which starts from understanding customer needs, defining product roadmaps, working with engineering teams on delivering products as well as working on cross-functional tasks. In general, this role guides our product direction and is highly critical to the success of the company. An ideal candidate embraces the fast-paced environment of a startup and is always optimistic and open to new and big challenges.
The position will be based out of our San Francisco HQ (when we’re back in the office, that is!).
As Director of Product Management, you will:
- Own and define the roadmap for a significant portion of the product.
- Be a leader of product vision, communicating roadmap to key stakeholders including but not limited to Sales, Customer Success, Engineering, executive leadership, and customers.
- Understand business requirements/vision and initiate ideas and concepts to support them.
- Collaborate with our user research team to research, interview, and understand the needs and behaviors of both internal and external users. Our 'Pro' users are internal so you'll have direct, every-day access to users!
Who you are:
- You are an experienced Product Manager with three to four tours of duty as a PM under your belt.
- You have experience with B2B SaaS, and have taken a number of features or products from concept to delivery and are well versed in all stages of the product development lifecycle
- You are fluent with data. You don’t need to be a SQL expert (we are a no code solution!) but you have worked with multiple data analysis tools in the past. You know their strengths and their weaknesses and you’re excited to put that knowledge to work in disrupting the BI and analytics market.
- You can define priorities and lead feature teams to rapidly deliver customer value. You're experienced with multiple strategies to organize and run projects, and know when to apply each.
- You love to talk to your customers and can think of no better way to learn than to listen to their needs and their use cases
- You are technical and can discuss implementations and tradeoffs with Engineering. You have a solid understanding of how your past work is implemented, well below the UX layer.
- Field, Engineering, and Marketing teams love partnering with you and are always keen to be on your team.
Must Have Requirements:
- 5-10 years of product management experience in the area of business intelligence, data, analytics, or a related field.
- Expert understanding of the BI and Analytics market and tools combined with good working knowledge of SaaS B2B
- Solid interpersonal/verbal/written communication skills. Ability to communicate rich technical features in layman’s terms.
- Strong leader, self-starter, and proven team player in a high achievement-oriented environment
- Superior project management and prioritization skills.
Nice to Have:
- BS in Computer Science/Engineering