Sigma’s vision is to create an insight-driven world where people, organizations, and, ultimately, humanity are transformed for the better by data. At Sigma, we are building a cloud-native business intelligence platform that allows users to tap into their biggest databases and easily conduct analysis and graph data; all without any programming involved.
We are growing the UX, Design & Research team and are looking for a UI Designer who envisions and executes a design system that enables us to build amazing product experiences in a rapid and scalable way. In this role, you will work with designers, researchers, and engineers to design and implement Sigma’s design system at scale. You’ll be joining a multi-disciplinary team whose shared mission is to make data analytics highly usable and easily accessible to non-technical users.
You will be:
- Establishing and maintaining Sigma’s design system as the single source-of-truth, freeing up designers and engineers to spend more time doing higher quality design work with fewer resources
- Ensuring that components are designed to meet Sigma quality standards and are consistently implemented throughout the product
- Maintaining, creating, optimizing new components for our library
- Document design principles, accessibility guidelines, UI states, and interactions.
- Establishing and socializing specifications and standards; training designers and engineers on how to use the system in their work
- Strong visual design fundamentals with enterprise software experience
- 5+ years of UI design experience at scaling startups
- Must have built a design system from scratch and have worked in design systems
- Expert level skills in Figma, Sketch or Adobe Creative Suite
- Capable of working autonomously and delivering high quality from the jump
- Capable of rapid iteration and experimentation
- Exceptional communication skills, and the ability to clearly explain design decisions to anyone in the company
- Comfortable with critique and co-authorship
- Examples of your design systems work, including usage documentation (an entire library to review would be tops)
- Case study on how and why you came up with the design systems and components you created
- A showcase of world-class designs that have been shipped to production using the system you established
Sigma is a modern analytics & business intelligence (BI) application built for the cloud. Trusted by data-first companies, Sigma provides live access to cloud data warehouses using an intuitive spreadsheet interface—empowering business experts to ask more of their data without writing a single line of code. With the full power of SQL, the cloud, and a familiar interface, business users have the freedom to analyze data in real time without limits. Sigma is self-service analytics as it was meant to be: a single source of truth that eliminates data extracts, simplifies analysis, and drives BI adoption at every level of business. Sigma is closing the gap between data teams and business experts. To learn more about Sigma, visit www.sigmacomputing.com or join the conversation on Twitter @SigmaComputing.