Sigma is the world’s hottest startup in data analytics. Our vision is to drive better decisions at every level of a company. We do it by bringing real-time insights from a company’s data warehouse direct to any user.
Traditional analytics are bottlenecked through the BI and data team, since only they have the tech skills to build the dashboards and reports people need. Sigma is getting the data party started, empowering anyone to draw real-time insights like a pro.
Sigma has been earning a wave of recognition from distinguished sources. We were recently awarded #1 Most Innovative Product at Strata Data 2019, the largest data conference in the world. CNBC just named Sigma to it’s elite list of the year’s 100 most promising startups. Our investors include Sutter Hill Ventures and Altimeter, while our leadership includes the former CTO of Salesforce.
Working with Sigma brings you the remarkable opportunity to get in on the ground floor of a startup rising to unprecedented heights. Our Business Development Reps of today are our Account Executives and leadership of tomorrow. BDRs serve on the front line of driving new business, making this one of Sigma’s most critical roles.
This is not your standard average sales role. At Sigma, we believe that people are our most valuable resource, so we invest relentlessly in our team. BDRs are set up to thrive, receiving elite sales, product, and industry training. Our team works with hands-on seasoned sales leaders who coach them through daily activities. You’ll learn how to develop a sales strategy, drive meaningful prospect connections, and engage in consultative selling to become a trusted advisor. Your experience as a BDR is designed to prepare you for your future in sales leadership.
Who you are:
- A go-getter, hungry for personal growth and advancement.
- A team player who lives for the mission and won’t be fulfilled by some meaningless 9 to 5.
- A total nerd who understands the power of unlocking data to drive unstoppable teams.
- A deeply principled person, guided by honesty, integrity, and humility.
What you care about:
- Soaking up knowledge from leaders who are dedicated to your success.
- Working in a job you genuinely love with people you love to be around.
- Making an impact in the fast-paced, exciting world of data.
- Growing your leadership skills to prepare for a long and rewarding career.
How you’ll contribute:
- Partner with your AE team to identify high priority target accounts
- Prospect, educate, and qualify those accounts to create sales-ready opportunities.
- Cold call contacts and run outbound prospecting sequences in Outreach
- Overcome objections through consultative selling.
- Become a trusted advisor by growing relationships with prospects.
- Effectively use Salesforce, Salesloft, ZoomInfo, and LinkedIn to execute daily workflows.
- Consistently achieve/exceed our quota of 20 qualified demos per month.
- 4-year degree or equivalent experience required.
- Meticulous attention to detail.
- Effective time management skills.
- Positive and energetic phone skills, excellent listening skills, strong writing skills.
- Proficient with standard corporate productivity tools (email, voicemail, Google Office).
- Sales training and salesforce.com experience a plus!
Benefits and Perks:
- Competitive salary with uncapped commission
- Flexible vacation policy
- Comprehensive health benefits
- Pre-tax commuter plan
And when it matters again…...
- Our office in downtown SF is stocked with snacks and drinks
- We provide free meals every day via MealPal and EatClub
- Walking distance to BART, Muni, and CalTrain
- Lots of coffee (or tea if that’s your thing)