At Sigma, we are building a cloud-native data analytics platform that allows users to tap into their data warehouses hosted in the cloud and easily conduct analysis and visualize data. All without any programming involved. We are backed by leading VC firms Sutter Hill Ventures and Altimeter capital and our team is growing quickly to meet the demands of our quickly expanding customer base.
As a member of the Security Team you will be changing the way security analytics is done. Shifting away from expensive legacy solutions to analyzing security data directly in the data warehouse, building amazing visualizations as well as dashboards and evangelizing this solution in the community. You will be encouraged to blog, speak and join security events to talk about the work you are doing and how other companies can utilize it to better analyze their security data. Beyond security analytics you will also be pushed to solve security problems through automation ("let the robots do the work") and become a leader in this space.
What you'll be doing:
- Grow into a leader in the security analytics and automation space. We want you to learn in this space and then become an evangelist to show other companies how they can also do this.
- Rapid automated remediation, we don't want the traditional alert/response posture of the past. If we build infrastructure as code, scan it for issues in the pipeline and deploy it then that is what good looks like. Anything outside of good should be remediated.
- Do you love open source? So do we and we want you to contribute back to the community. Come work with projects such as Checkov, CloudCustodian, Forseti, etc.
- Build a next generation security program with people your enjoy working with! We want to you to always be curious and expirement with new technologies that help our security posture.
- Work with your peers in engineering around our products security and help us develop new features that will give us an advantage in our market.
- Help our users with their day to day issues in security, networking and IT. We are still a small company and everyone needs to pitch in!
What we are looking for:
- You need to meet our Sigma employee characteristics
- Authentic - Come as you are and be proud of who you are. Bring your whole self to work.
- Candid - We are constructive and humble in our feedback. We trust each other to be thoughtful and sincere.
- Curious - We want to get to the bottom of our questions. Curiosity leads to action. We are curious about the world, our work, our company, and each other.
- Passionate - We give a damn in a focused way.
- Hustle - We work hard, smart, and with balance to deliver on our commitments.
- Be willing to fail! We are pushing the edge and we are going to experiment a lot, you have to be willing to try new things and fail.
- We need your head in the clouds, literally. We want you to be passionate about cloud computing and cloud security. We are a cloud based solution and we need people who want to learn how to do new things in a cloud environment.
- You should be excited about SaaS! We are a SaaS company and we heavily use SaaS solutions in our company.
- Writing is a passion of yours because you want to be an evangelist. You'll need to be able to enjoy writing detailed blog posts and technical documentation.
- Do you like people? You'll need to as we are a people company and everyone says our best quality is our people. We need you to be able to communicate graciously with your team mates.
- Building some of these solutions requires some coding so you should be comfortable coding in Python. You don't have to be an expert day one but you have to have a passion to learn here and become an expert in building security solutions.
Benefits and Perks
- Create your own setup (keyboard, mouse, headphones, coffee device, etc). Get what you need to make your job easier.
- Competitive salary based on experience
- Flexible vacation policy
- Health benefits
- Pre-tax commuter plan
- MealPal plan and catered lunch Wednesday’s
- Kitchen stocked with snacks and drinks
- Walking distance to BART, Muni, and CalTrain
- An experienced leadership team with top investors
- Lots of coffee (and of course tea, if that’s your thing)
Sigma is a modern analytics & business intelligence (BI) application built for the cloud. Trusted by data-first companies, Sigma provides live access to cloud data warehouses using an intuitive spreadsheet interface—empowering business experts to ask more of their data without writing a single line of code. With the full power of SQL, the cloud, and a familiar interface, business users have the freedom to analyze data in real time without limits. Sigma is self-service analytics as it was meant to be: a single source of truth that eliminates data extracts, simplifies analysis, and drives BI adoption at every level of business. Sigma is closing the gap between data teams and business experts. To learn more about visit www.sigmacomputing.com or join the conversation on Twitter @SigmaComputing.