Are you a Computer Science student completing a BS or MS degree who wants to learn about building cloud-native software for data exploration and visualization? Do you dream of building game changing software one day and have a strong desire to work at a fast-growing startup that builds innovative technologies used in production by customers? At Sigma, we are building a cloud-native business intelligence platform that allows users to tap into their biggest databases hosted in the cloud and easily conduct analysis and graph data. All without any programming involved. Our engineering team is hiring engineers at all levels and we have openings for new graduates who can start work in 2020.
Our engineers work on a wide range of problems in different areas of focus - backend, frontend or full stack. These include:
- building infrastructure to support a modern cloud application
- developing new algorithms and techniques for improving the performance and interactivity of our multi-tenant cloud application
- creating new visualizations and user workflows, and
- building frameworks for data transformations and analyses.
As a member of our engineering team, you will work with a talented team of engineers, designers and product managers with a shared mission to make data easily accessible. You will build with modern tools and languages like Rust, Go, GraphQL, Kubernetes, React, and Typescript and learn how to build and deploy production quality software on cloud platforms like GCP and AWS.
- Strong Computer Science fundamentals including algorithms and data structures
- BS or higher degree in Computer Science
- Prior industry internship or full-time work experience
Nice to Have
- Experience with cloud services and web applications
- Experience with distributed systems, data management, data analytics
- Experience with visualization technologies
Sigma is a modern analytics & business intelligence (BI) application built for the cloud. Trusted by data-first companies, Sigma provides live access to cloud data warehouses using an intuitive spreadsheet interface—empowering business experts to ask more of their data without writing a single line of code. With the full power of SQL, the cloud, and a familiar interface, business users have the freedom to analyze data in real time without limits. Sigma is self-service analytics as it was meant to be: a single source of truth that eliminates data extracts, simplifies analysis, and drives BI adoption at every level of business. Sigma is closing the gap between data teams and business experts. To learn more about Sigma, visit www.sigmacomputing.com or join the conversation on Twitter @SigmaComputing.