Sigma’s vision is to create an insight-driven world where people, organizations, and, ultimately, humanity are transformed for the better by data. At Sigma, we are building a cloud-native business intelligence platform that allows users to tap into their biggest databases hosted in the cloud and easily conduct analysis and graph data. All without any programming involved. We are growing the engineering team and looking for eengineers who have the chops to build and deliver world-class technology. You will be part of a talented team of engineers with a shared mission to make data easily accessible.
What You Will Be Doing
- Solve challenging problems that arise in providing an interactive experience on data warehouses for data exploration and analysis.
- Build with modern tools and languages like Rust, Go, GraphQL, and Kubernetes
- Build infrastructure to support a modern cloud application
- Develop new algorithms and techniques for improving the performance and interactivity of our multi-tenant cloud application
- Design and implement new technologies and features to support our fast growing user base
- Collaborate with cross-functional groups - backend, frontend, design, product, customer support, sales and marketing to build an innovative product
Qualifications We Need
- Strong Computer Science fundamentals. BS, MS, or PhD in Computer Science.
- 5+ years industry experience building and maintaining high-quality software
- Experience building and deploying robust and secure web APIs
- Desire to be a great teammate and have fun at work
- Strong sense of craftsmanship, and a healthy academic curiosity
Qualifications We Want (also, skills you’ll learn!)
- Experience building systems for data analytics
- Distributed systems monitoring and profiling skills
- Knowledge of cloud application security models
- SQL query optimization and database internals
- Administered cloud service infrastructure (GCP, AWS)
- Startup experience
Sigma is a modern analytics & business intelligence (BI) application built for the cloud. Trusted by data-first companies, Sigma provides live access to cloud data warehouses using an intuitive spreadsheet interface—empowering business experts to ask more of their data without writing a single line of code. With the full power of SQL, the cloud, and a familiar interface, business users have the freedom to analyze data in real time without limits. Sigma is self-service analytics as it was meant to be: a single source of truth that eliminates data extracts, simplifies analysis, and drives BI adoption at every level of business. Sigma is closing the gap between data teams and business experts. To learn more about visit www.sigmacomputing.com or join the conversation on Twitter @SigmaComputing.