Are you a Computer Science student pursuing a MS or PhD who wants to learn about building cloud-native software for data exploration and visualization? Do you dream of building game changing software one day and have a strong desire to work at a fast-growing startup that builds innovative technologies used in production by customers?
At Sigma, we are building a cloud-native business intelligence platform that allows users to tap into their biggest databases hosted in the cloud and easily conduct analysis and graph data. All without any programming involved. Our engineering team is looking for summer interns. As an intern, you will work with a talented team of engineers with a shared mission to make data easily accessible.
Our engineers work on a wide range of problems. These include
- building infrastructure to support a modern cloud application
- developing new algorithms and techniques for improving the performance and interactivity of our multi-tenant cloud application
- creating new visualizations and user workflows, and
- building frameworks for data transformations and analyses.
In this role, you will collaborate with a cross functional team of frontend and backend engineers as well as the broader group of designers and product managers. You will have your own projects to work on and will build with modern tools and languages like Rust, Go, GraphQL, Kubernetes, React, and Typescript and learn how to build and deploy production quality software on cloud platforms like GCP and AWS. You may choose projects that utilize frontend technologies, backend technologies, or full-stack.
- Strong Computer Science fundamentals including algorithms and data structures
- Current enrollment in a university, working toward an MS or PhD in Computer Science
Nice to Have
- Experience building cloud services or applications
- Experience building and deploying robust and secure web APIs