Sightline Media Group, the nation’s leading news enterprise serving the military, defense and federal communities, seeks a Marketing Director for a high-level creative role at its Tyson’s Corner, VA facility. Our prestigious, industry-leading media brands: Military Times, Defense News, Federal Times and C4ISRNET – serve the entirety of the defense and federal establishment, from senior leadership to the rank and file US military service members.
The Marketing Campaign Director is responsible for creating and executing strategic, effective and revenue-generating sales marketing campaigns, as well as engagement-driving and lead-generating product promotions. This position calls for a strong marketing and creative thinker and doer, with the ability to translate strategy into creative solutions. We are looking for a marketing professional with proven results driving end-to-end integrated marketing campaigns.
The director will ensure that the sales organization is armed with compelling, best-in class tools and materials that close deals; and promotions that drive lead generation and audience engagement, all while making them happen on time and under budget.
- Sales Marketing (30%): Ability to identify and create value propositions from research, data and content plan. Lead the creation and execution of sales marketing plan and specific product marketing plans by creating and rolling out best in class multimedia collateral and tools that are compelling and effective
- Creative Direction (25%): Produce creative concepts translating strategic initiatives and key advertiser or audience messages. Lead the messaging, copywriting and art direction of marketing creative materials that are compelling and effective. Supervise marketing designers, oversee design projects, timeliness of deliverables and be accountable for the overall quality of creative output.Develop design strategies, techniques and templates to streamline processes and unify materials consistent with brand guidelines
- Event Marketing (20%): Work closely with event team in creating multi-channel campaigns integrating print, digital, video, mobile, social and experiential promotions that drive event attendees/registrants (both paid and free). Work seamlessly with event team and internal SMG team to ensure successful execution of event marketing plan
- Content Marketing (15%): Play a key role in campaign management, working closely with Custom Content Manager, digital team, and editorial for execution of integrated marketing/promotion campaigns that generate leads, conversions and audience engagement.
- General Promotions (10%)
- Bachelor’s Degree in Marketing, Communications or related field
- 5+ years agency experience a plus
- At least 3 years supervisory experience
- 5-7 years creative or marketing experience preferred
- Strong messaging and copywriting skills
- Experience managing successful integrated marketing campaigns
- A working knowledge of media trends and industry innovations and developments
- Working knowledge of web analytics for tracking and reporting campaign results
- Expertise in UX principles including use of color, interactivity, typography and photography a plus
- Ability to strike a good balance between creativity and the need to meet business requirements.
- The ability to work within a fast-paced, deadline-driven environment
- Excellent communication, interpersonal and organizational skills.
- Excellent project management and multi-tasking skills
- An entrepreneurial mindset: a go-getter, hands-on and dynamic team member and leader
- Flexibility & adaptability to change.
- Ability to work independently, but comfortable taking and providing direction
- Energy, passion and grit